Paid Education / Youth Development Summer Internship
Do you want to spend your summer job working outdoors? Is making a difference in the lives of children important to you? Do you want to meet people from all over the world? What about building your resume while having an amazing time?
Join our camp family this summer for a challenging and rewarding job experience that will give you the skills you need for your future. Make a difference in the lives of our campers, while enjoying our beautiful outdoor facilities and working with people from around the world.
- Apply classroom learning, theories, and experiences to real world settings.
- Improve self confidence and initiative by working with a diverse, multicultural staff.
- Strengthen leadership, teamwork and communication skills while experiencing the importance and impact of being a positive role model to large groups of children.
- Take advantage of networking and mentoring opportunities from our Leadership Team, Alumni and Parent Network, including school educators, child psychologists, social workers and college counselors.
Being a camp counselor is one of the best things you can do to prepare yourself for your career in education as you are directly involved with our community of 500 campers ages 7-17 and 300 staff members. Camp is an intense, challenging and rewarding 24/7 experience that teaches you how to work with people and impact children’s lives. As part of the internship experience you will be able to meet with, and be mentored by many of our Senior Staff who are educators and child development experts. You will also have an opportunity to create and propose and execute innovative “lesson plans” in the camp environment to various different age groups. Based upon your concentration in school we can focus this internship on a particular age/development stage.
Your primary role will be working with the campers as a counselor, living in a cabin with campers and other co-counselors. Working at camp simply as a counselor, in-and-of-itself, provides hands-on experience and leadership opportunities, while building skills that hiring managers are looking for, such as flexibility, adaptability, initiative, self-direction, social and cross-cultural skills, productivity, accountability, leadership and responsibility. As a counselor, you will be directly responsible for the welfare and whereabouts of your campers. You will be under the guidance of your Group Leader and assist in supervision of the campers’ daily schedule.
Benefits of Interning at Camp:
- Individually tailored experience to meet your goals, working with school advisors so that you get the most out of your internship.
- Hands on program, working directly in your discipline.
- Real world work experience in the outdoors vs. an office or corporate setting, getting coffee or pushing papers.
- Work with a diverse team from around the world, impacting and inspiring today’s youth.
- Work on the set of the movie “Wet Hot American Summer”. Yup, it was filmed here!
- Join a vast network of staff, Alumni and Parents that can connect you in future endeavors.
- THIS IS A PAID INTERNSHIP.
The next step is to fill out our online application and then we will connect to set up an interview over skype/facetime. If you have any questions do not hesitate to contact us. 570-253-3266 or email@example.com