Paid Leadership, Management and Human Resources Internship
Join our camp family this summer for a challenging and rewarding job experience that will give you the skills you need for your future. Make a difference in the lives of our campers, while enjoying our beautiful outdoor facilities and working with people from around the world.
- Build upon the knowledge of your major and strengthen your customer service, management and hospitality skills.
- Improve self confidence and initiative by working with a diverse, multicultural staff.
- Understand logistics and operations related to managing a children's summer camp.
- Strengthen leadership, teamwork and communication skills while experiencing the importance and impact of being a positive role model to hundreds of children.
- Take advantage of networking and mentoring opportunities from our Leadership Team, Alumni and Parent Network.
As a Human Resources and Management Intern, you will work closely with our Staff Liaison in ongoing staff training and relations. You will gain access to and understanding of the operations of a summer camp business that employs over 300 staff and has 500 campers. You will be given the opportunity to understand and work with all departments including Finance, Marketing, Food Service, Transportation, Programming, Department Heads and Head Counselors.
You will be invited to attend our Leadership Training, to gain a deep understanding of the employee expectations and skills required of our leadership team. You will meet with all members of our Senior Staff, who will give you an insight into their roles and responsibilities throughout the summer.
During the summer you will be a part of surveying our staff and providing feedback to our management team. At the end of the summer you will help analyze the results and provide recommendations.
Camp is a full-fledged business, with the added bonus of working with kids in a nature setting. Being a part of this program first hand will certainly give you the quality experience you are looking to add to your resume.
Your primary role will be working with the campers as a counselor or Activity Specialist, living in a cabin with campers and other co-counselors. Working at camp simply as a counselor, in-and-of-itself, provides hands-on experience and leadership opportunities, while building skills that hiring managers are looking for, such as flexibility, adaptability, initiative, self-direction, social and cross-cultural skills, productivity, accountability, leadership and responsibility. As a counselor, you will be directly responsible for the welfare and whereabouts of your campers. You will be under the guidance of your Group Leader and assist in supervision of the campers’ daily schedule.
Benefits of Interning at Camp:
- EXCELLENT WORK EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING OPPORTUNITY
- Individually tailored experience to meet your goals, working with school advisors so that you get the most out of your internship.
- Hands on program, working directly in your discipline.
- Real world work experience in the outdoors vs. an office or corporate setting, getting coffee or pushing papers.
- Work with a diverse team from around the world, impacting and inspiring today’s youth.
- Work on the set of the movie “Wet Hot American Summer”. Yup, it was filmed here!
- Join a vast network of Staff, Alumni and Parents that can connect you in future endeavors.
- THIS IS A PAID INTERNSHIP.
The next step is to fill out our online application and then we will connect to set up an interview over skype/facetime. If you have any questions do not hesitate to contact us. 570-253-3266 or email@example.com