Summer Interns are responsible for helping to guide and coach young people to become responsible citizens and active golfers through the delivery of daily life skill and golf instruction in summer camp. The Summer Internship Program will: introduce interns to inspiring young people; develop interactions with families, board members, staff and other constituents of The First Tee of Greater Richmond; expose interns to all elements of a thriving, growing, and successful nonprofit in the Richmond area including but not limited to marketing strategies, fundraising, and professional development.
Job Requirements: Strong work ethic and communication skills, flexible, organized, enthusiastic, and proactive. Applicants should be of good character and reputation and have a desire to carry out the mission of The First Tee by mentoring youth. Enthusiasm for an active lifestyle and a passion for using sports to teach children values is a must!
· Responsible for teaching basic golf skills, The First Tee Nine Core Values, and The First Tee Nine Healthy Habits to youth and teens and guiding and coaching young people to become future citizens and active golfers.
· Responsible for direct supervision of a group of youth in summer camp sessions.
· Responsible for delivering curriculum and appropriate activities that meet the developmental needs of school-aged children.
· Assist The First Tee of Greater Richmond with any necessary communication among participants, parents, and volunteers.
· Show initiative and work effectively with Head Coaches, volunteer coaches, and other facility staff at The First Tee of Greater Richmond.
· Collaborate with the development staff to plan and execute a special fundraising project to benefit The First Tee of Greater Richmond.
· Collaborate with the marketing staff to design and implement a specified marketing strategy in an effort to increase awareness of the organization.
· Deliver an internship presentation to key executive staff and Board members.
· Understand and apply procedures and practices of The First Tee of Greater Richmond and ensure a safe environment at all times.
All candidates are subject to a background check and drug screening. Internship dates from June 15th 2020 to August 14th 2020 and includes a $2,500 stipend.
Interested applicants please email a cover letter, resume, and references to Berkley Jackson at email@example.com.