Cancer Immunology Spring Co-Op (1915306)
Exploratory Bioinformatics Group - Cancer Immunology Spring Co-Op
Boehringer Ingelheim is currently seeking a talented and innovative Co-Op to join our Cancer Immunology and Immune Modulation department located at our Ridgefield facility. As a Co-Op, you will contribute to the development of new therapeutic concepts related to modulating tumor stromal microenvironment to enhance anti-tumor immune responses with a data science approach. Including but not limited to the integration of AI methods to characterize the tumor microenvironment; machine-learning algorithms applied to single cell NGS data sets, and/or deep learning to pathology images.
As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our global presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies' success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim's high regard for our employees
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Work directly within Cancer Immunology’s Exploratory Bioinformatics group in order to execute the Co-Op project
· Strong scientific understanding and interest in two or more of the following; genomics, immunology, oncology, and pathology informatics (AI, machine learning, CNN’s etc.)
· Enthusiastic to continuously learn from scientists in our Cancer Immunology and Biomarker Team
· Communicates own work effectively orally and in writing; contributes to writing protocols, procedures, and technical reports
· Reports and treats data with a high level of integrity and ethics
· Complies with applicable regulations; Maintains proper records in accordance with SOPs and policies
Must be a student currently enrolled in an MS or PhD program in good academic standing.
Major must be related to the field of Co-Op focus: Computer Science, Genomics, Bioinformatics, Data Science, or Biostatistics.
Must have completed 12 credit hours within a related major and/or other related coursework.
Overall, cumulative GPA (from last completed quarter) must be at least 3.5 (on 4.0 scale) or better (No rounding up).
Desired Experience, Skills and Abilities:
· Demonstrated enthusiasm and/or experience in statistical machine learning/deep learning, algorithm development, NGS data processing/analysis, tumor microenvironment biology, and cancer immunology topics
· Strong hands-on skills in relevant programming languages (e.g. R, Python, UNIX/Linux, UNIX bash shell scripting), statistical software, visualization tools, and relevant R/Bioconductor packages
· Familiarity with computational biology tools and experience working with computational biologists to solve problems
· Ability to troubleshoot both individually and as part of a team
· Must enjoy working in a multi-disciplinary and collaborative environment
· Additional skills and interests demonstrative of soft skills are highly encouraged
· Inquisitive & open minded
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required)
Must be 18 years of age or older
Who We Are:
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key because your growth is our growth. Want to learn more? Visit boehringer-ingelheim.com and join us in our effort to make more health. Boehringer Ingelheim, including Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim USA, Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health USA, Inc., Merial Barceloneta, LLC and Boehringer Ingelheim Fremont, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status, including protected veteran status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
including protected veteran status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
Boehringer Ingelheim is firmly committed to ensuring a safe, healthy, productive and efficient work environment for our employees, partners and customers. As part of that commitment, Boehringer Ingelheim conducts pre-employment verifications and drug screenings.