Quality Control Microbiology Co-op (1915459)
Boehringer Ingelheim is currently seeking a talented and innovative Co-op to join our QC Microbiology department located at our BI Fremont facility. As a Co-op, you will learn QC Microbiology related sampling and testing methods in a GMP Manufacturing facility and lab environment.
As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our global presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies' success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim's high regard for our employees
Duties & Responsibilities:
Day to day duties of QC Microbiology Intern will include but not limited to:
· Perform WFI sampling
· Bioburden testing of WFI samples using Membrane Filtration method
· Assist in performing microbial identification
· Assist in growth promotion testing, and release of microbiological media.
· Assist in the preparation of periodic trend reports by compiling data, preparing excel spreadsheets, and creating LIMS reports using QC EM LIMS system
· Enter data in QC LIMS or other databases in a timely manner.
· Perform other miscellaneous Lab maintenance activities.
· May need to lift, carry, push or pull up to 50 pounds occasionally.
· Follows well-defined and established procedures and best practices following GMP and GDP standards.
Must be an Undergraduate, Graduate, or Professional Student in good academic standing.
Must have completed 12 credit hours within a related major and/or other related coursework.
Overall, cumulative GPA (from last completed quarter) must be at least 3.000 (on 4.0 scale) or better (No rounding up).
Major must be related to the field of internship.
Desired Experience, Skills and Abilities:
· Demonstrates proficient computer skills (i.e. documentation systems, databases and spreadsheets), knowledge of Microsoft applications, must be able to use computers to perform data-entry functions etc.
· Demonstrates good interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral).
· Demonstrates strong attention to detail
· Demonstrates good facilitation, organizational and problem solving skills.
· Have some understanding on ASEPTIC technique.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required)
Must be 18 years of age or older
Who We Are:
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key because your growth is our growth. Want to learn more? Visit boehringer-ingelheim.com and join us in our effort to make more health. Boehringer Ingelheim, including Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim USA, Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health USA, Inc., Merial Barceloneta, LLC and Boehringer Ingelheim Fremont, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status, including protected veteran status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
including protected veteran status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
Boehringer Ingelheim is firmly committed to ensuring a safe, healthy, productive and efficient work environment for our employees, partners and customers. As part of that commitment, Boehringer Ingelheim conducts pre-employment verifications and drug screenings.