College Possible – High School Coach – College Access – Full Time Starting August 2020 St. Paul, MN
High School Coaching:
Serve as a College Possible High School Coach within Twin Cities public high schools. Serve high school level students in a cohort and one on one in-person. Provide services by:
- Leading in-person sessions for students on topics such ACT/SAT registration; navigating the college application process; building balanced college lists to include match and fit institutions; help students navigate the financial aid process and apply to scholarships; support students in making a strong, informed college decision; advise students on the social transition to college.
- Meeting regularly with program staff and peers to plan engaging outreach and communications to students about our college access curriculum.
- Regularly and reliably track student records within Salesforce database.
- 4 – Year College Degree by August 2020
- Strong Leadership, Academics, and Communication Skills
- Willing to relocate to Minnesota (Twin Cities Area)
- Ability to work 40+ hours per week
- 10.5 month commitment beginning in August 2020
- Applicants from all majors are welcome to apply
- Bi-weekly Living Allowance of $699 before tax
- Education Award of $6,095 (Can be used to repay federal student loans or pay future education expenses)
- Free Health Coverage
- Some student loans may be deferred
- Working in a collaborative educational environment
- Access to a large network of College Possible alumni and networking events
About College Possible
College Possible supports low-income scholars to get to and through college graduation.
College Possible is a growing nonprofit dedicated to coaching low-income students to-and-through college, breaking the cycle of poverty and empowering our workforce. Our rigorously-tested model earns top-of-field results that have helped 98 percent of students served earn admission to college and supported nearly 80 percent through graduation. A 2011 Harvard study found that the program more than doubles a student’s chance of enrolling in a four-year college.
Please visit www.CollegePossible.org/serve to learn more about College Possible and serving with our organization!
College Possible is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, or status with regard to public assistance. Individuals with disabilities encouraged to apply. We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals and conduct all possible activities in fully accessible settings.