Speech-Language Pathologist – 1.0 FTE
Location: Carl Ben Eielson Middle School, Fargo North Dakota
Term: 2019/20 School Year
Summary: Responsible for planning instruction and/or adaption of the education program to enable students to benefit from educational experiences. This position will work with a variety of students with the majority being students programmed in Autism.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicates, collaborates, and cooperates with colleagues, supervisors, and students.
- Serves as a resource to school staff members in the development of a balanced program for oral communication and speech improvement.
- Serves as a resource to teachers in observing, describing, and referring suspected and identified speech and language impairments.
- Provides a thorough assessment and diagnosis of speech, voice, and language impairments.
- Provides screening to identify speech-impaired children as requested by Child Study Teams.
- Assists in proper referrals of individuals to agencies and specialists in the community.
- Provides appropriate individualized programs of therapy to meet individual students' needs and correct existing speech or language disabilities.
- Collaborates with classroom teachers and other school staff members to implement programs throughout the student's daily activities.
- Provides information, support, and counseling to parents and families when appropriate.
- Participate in all mandatory training or training appropriate to the position as required by the district.
- Master’s Degree in Speech-Language Pathology required
- Must have or have the ability to obtain a Speech-Language License through ND Board of Examiners for Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology
- Must have or have the ability to obtain a Restricted ND Teaching License through the Education Standards and Practices Board (ESPB)
Salary: Based off the 2019/2020 Teacher Salary Schedule
External applicants are eligible for ND Veteran’s Preference
(North Dakota veterans claiming preference must submit all proof of eligibility by the closing date.
Proof of eligibility includes a DD-214 and if claiming disabled status, a current letter of disability.)
To Apply: Log on to www.applitrack.com/fargo/onlineapp to view current vacancies and complete our online application. For more information or questions please call 701-446-1050 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Fargo Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer who fully and actively supports equal access for all people regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, marital status, public assistance status, sexual orientation, gender expression/identity, or participation in lawful activity off the employer’s premises during non-working hours which is not in direct conflict with the essential business-related interests of the employer in its education/activities and employment practices. The Fargo Public Schools seek to provide access to all its programs for those interested persons who might have differing levels of ability. This includes those with impaired vision and hearing loss.