Youth Baseball Instructor/Coach - Sports Management Internship Available - Summer Camp Program
Are you looking to develop your coaching skills and work with children? Do you want to spend your summer job working outdoors? Make a difference in the lives of children? Meet people from all over the world? Build your resume while having an amazing time?!
Camp Towanda is looking for experienced, enthusiastic and diligent baseball and softball coaches to teach daily instruction to our campers, boys and girls, ages 7-17. Additionally, they are responsible for leading our baseball intracamp games and intercamp leagues. This is a great opportunity for developing professionals to get coaching experience with a wide variety of ages and abilities.
Responsibilities include coaching, umpiring, executing lesson plans and coordinating with Department Head, Program Director and Athletic Director. Specialists help teach groups of 20-40 campers at a time (boys and girls, ages 7-17). When you are not instructing in your area of expertise, you will work with the group that you live with, as a General Counselor.
- Available mid-June thru mid-August.
- Candidates are required to complete at least one year of college
- High School or College-level baseball play
- Youth coaching experience a plus!
- Qualified references
- Great with children
- Strong work ethic
For the Sports Management Internship specifically, Camp is all about managing many different sports programs all at once. As an Activity Specialist in and of itself is you are experiencing hands on the different responsibilities that will help you in a sports management career. We are constantly hosting tournaments or sending teams out to play, as well as managing our daily program, evening activities and special events. Our sports program is a well oiled machine and a great opportunity for you to take advantage of. As an intern, we will dial in our focus a little more on your education. You will be assigned a mentor, working closely with our athletic, program and tournament directors. You will meet and experience how they manage all the different program areas we have, tournament scheduling and coaching strategies, managing equipment inventory, etc. You will also coach teams of your own and work directly with many department heads. Interns in the past have kept journals, written essays or made a video documentary. We also have connections through our network of alumni and parents that work in many different areas in the sports professional field. These connections are something you can take advantage of after your time at camp to help propel your career.
- Build upon the knowledge of your sport and strengthen your coaching repertoire.
- Gain experience managing multiple teams and coordinating logistics.
- Understanding logistics in tournament play, transportation, programming and coordination within the organization and working with other camps.
- Strengthen leadership, teamwork and communication skills while experiencing the importance and impact of being a positive role model to hundreds of kids.