TFAS - DC Internships - Summer 2020 Academic Internship Program
LIVE. LEARN. INTERN.
in Washington, DC
June 6 - July 31, 2020
December 10: Early Deadline
Earn 3-9 Course Credits through George Mason University
Gain Professional Experience - Intern in D.C. This Summer
TFAS has been placing interns in Washington, DC for more than 50 years and has a vast network of connections. From the time you enroll in our program, dedicated staff will guide you through the placement process.
D.C. is home to thousands of organizations in a variety of fields including:
- Congressional offices
- Federal agencies
- Think tanks
- Fortune 500 Companies
- Government affairs firms
- Media outlets
- International non-governmental organizations
What Our Alumni Are Saying
“My internship was a tremendous experience. It helped enhance skills I intend to use later in my career and it developed a burning passion inside me to enter public service.”
Andrew Novak, William Jewell University
Intern, Office of Government Ethics
Sampling of Past Internship Placements:
- Al Arabiya Television
- American Foreign Policy Council
- Center for European Policy Analysis
- Citizens Against Government Waste
- Committee for Economic Development
- Consortium of Universities for Global Health
- Consumer Product Safety Commission
- Council for Responsible Nutrition
- Economic Innovation Group
- Ford Motor Company
- The Fund for Global Human Rights
- Healthcare Leadership Council
- Helsinki Commission on Security and Cooperation in Europe
- The Hill Newspaper
- German Press Agency
- International Trade Administration
- Laslo Congressional News Bureau
- League of United Latin American Citizens
- Mil Mujeres Legal Services
- National Endowment for Democracy
- National Federation of Independent Businesses
- The New York Times
- Radio America
- Rock Creek Conservancy
- United Mission for Relief and Development
- US-China Business Council
- U.S. Departments of Energy, Transportation and Education
- The Washington Times
- WEConnect International
Grow Your Professional Network
Through the TFAS program, you can practice networking skills, make valuable connections, and gain insider job-seeking tips.
You'll leave Washington more prepared to enter the post-college world, with a better idea of what you want to do and contacts who can help you get your foot in the door.
- Professional Development Seminars
- Mentor Program
- Career Exploration Panels + Small Group Discussions
- Networking Roundtable Dinner with Program Alumni
Full + Partial Scholarships
We strive to make the programs accessible and affordable to the best and brightest students regardless of financial status. Scholarships are awarded based on need and merit.
At least 40 scholarships that cover tuition and housing expenses will be provided to summer applicants on a rolling basis beginning at the December 10 early application deadline.
Awardees are responsible for the $500 program fee, travel to Washington, food/personal expenses during the program. 85% of students receive scholarship awards.
Learn more about the application process.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 202.986.0384