Marketing Project Coordinator
The Marketing Project Coordinator will provide support through various functions related to marketing, PR, programming and advancing the organization’s strategic plan. S/he will work closely with the executive director to develop and execute a marketing strategy focused on the dynamic use of social media and PR. S/he will contribute to the strategy for community engagement through the organization’s strategic priorities.
EXPERIENCE WE ARE SEEKING
The Des Moines Arts Festival is an award-winning and highly respected organization. The successful candidate will support the notion that attitude, and creative thinking are core to remaining at the top of our game.
- Effective writer and communicator. Must be able to proofread and present organization and its activities in a manner consistent with expectations.
- Detail-oriented and organized with the ability to juggle multiple projects and tasks.
- Work as marketing lead on a variety of projects, campaigns and initiatives.
- Savvy, creative and quick in the area of social media and digital advertising. Be willing and able to bring emerging ideas and out-of-the-box thinking to the table.
- Successfully execute marketing strategies at events. Schedule interviews, liaison with on-air talent, represent the organization in a professional manner.
- Basic understanding of marketing projects. Ideal candidate will come to us with a thirst for process-oriented execution and ready to learn and contribute.
- Knowledge of CMS and/or general website knowledge desired.
- Be willing to learn anything you don’t know to further your knowledge base and the mission of the organization.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Acts as the marketing coordinator. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Implements marketing, advertising and PR campaigns with focus on social media platforms and emerging platforms.
- Executes advertising strategies, plans and objectives to maximize budget constraints.
- Works to execute on sponsorship agreements.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing results. Keeps detailed historic data.
- Keeps promotional materials ready by coordinating requirement with graphic designers, sign companies.
- Is responsible for administration of website and all social media sites, including but not limited to:
- Proactively identifies content and visual enhancements and implements recommendations.
- Helps to continually fine-tune and increase efficiencies surrounding updates.
- Keeps content, including merchandise and retail opportunities, updated.
- Works to ensure events are photographed and videotaped and maintaining an organized photo and video catalog from all events and initiatives.
2. Advance special projects that will further the realization of the Strategic Plan. Included are research and development on the Creative Economy Initiative and findings. Work with local artist(s) community in furthering the mission of the organization and city objectives.
3. Responsible for working with graphic design team to execute collateral materials for festival and organizational needs including advertisements, programs, signage, social graphics, posters, postcards, etc.
4. Supports the organization’s goals to maintain organizational brand standards and consistent style guide. Proofs and edits as needed. Ensures projects are proofed and approved by Executive Director and team members and individuals involved in the project.
5. Coordinate and serve as lead on annual awards including IFEA Pinnacles, website, social media, advertising, and other award contests.
6. Attends meetings to garner context and updates on projects/events that are in the works and on deck, prioritizing Strategic Priorities, Work Plan and goals.
7. Manages in-take of projects/needs and identifies steps in project management software; continually works in project management software to ensure project delivery.
8. Is able to effectively communicate needed tasks and additional context to all team members, board members and volunteers involved.
9. Proactively executes and follows up to ensure tasks are delivered in order to meet project goals and deadlines.
10. Effectively communicates project status throughout the process to team members.
11. Assists team in scheduling meetings, managing notes, assigning projects and tasks, tracking progress on projects and tasks, and tracking information as needed to meet project needs.
12. Works closely with Executive Director to determine priorities and areas we can maximize or leverage.
13. Identifies opportunities to increase processes for effectiveness and efficiency. Proactively recommends processes and plans for changes and pivots as needed.
14. Manages event logistics and internal meeting set-up as needed including but not limited to Board and Committee meetings.
15. Serve as liaison to local businesses to bolster support and effective relationships.
16. Acts to recruit and successfully increase engagement for various programs of the festival and organization including Emerging Iowa Artists, Student Art Exhibition, visual artists, sponsors, non-profit partners, and more.
17. Serves as a role model and a positive representative of the organization in the community.
18. Conducts oneself in a manner consistent with organization values, goals and objectives.
19. All other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: One to three years of marketing, public relations, media or other related areas. Or, fresh out of college with a passion to contribute and learn.
OTHER FORMAL TRAINING: None required. But, intimate knowledge of social media platforms, CRM, graphic design strongly desired.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications – Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Excellent oral and written communication skills, strong problem-solving skills, attention to detail, ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines and complete multiple projects in stressful situations, capacity to work independently and demonstrate initiative and experience in interacting with business community. Positive attitude, willingness to learn and a keen eye for processes/efficiency strongly desired.
Ideally has basic understanding of graphic design processes, as it closely relates to project coordination. Basic understanding of Adobe Creative Suite a plus, but not required. (but must be willing to learn)
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (SIGNIFICANT LIFTING/STANDING/SITTING):
The majority of work is conducted in the office at a desk.
There is some prolonged standing while overseeing or providing staff support for various organizational activities and events.
There is also some lifting required during special events or projects and in maintaining supplies of communications materials and/or products.
As a festival there are times when you will be required to work weekends and evenings very long and stressful hours.