Case Manager-first shift
Provides mental health rehabilitation services and supports adults to decrease hospitalization and crisis episodes and to increase community functioning in order for the client to achieve rehabilitative, resiliency and recovery goals. Provide continuity of program services in an ethical, legal and moral manner within a safe and therapeutic environment, consistent with applicable regulatory and accreditation standards. Participate as a team member in the delivery of mental health services to clients and facilitate the issues of recovery into their daily living situations.
SHIFT: Monday-Friday, 8:30 am-5 pm (40 hours); assisting with groups may require staying later
The CST (Community Support Team) provides but is not limited to mental health assessments and treatment plans, case management services, skills training, documentation within the required time frame, individual counseling and skill building, attends meetings, and other duties that are necessary in order to meet the needs of the seriously mentally ill.
Qualifications/Basic Job Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree in psychology, social work, or related field.
• Demonstrated education, training or experience in the mental health services
• Adequate written skills to accurately complete required documentation within the time frames prescribed
• Excellent organizational and computer skills
• Self-Starter with ability to work independently and with a team
• Skilled in conducting individual, and group counseling, case management
• Valid driver’s license
1. Work hours prescribed by and any additional hours deemed necessary for the responsibilities assigned.
2. Ability to motivate and problem solve with staff regarding effective clinical practices.
3. Ability to be self-motived, seek improved performance, problem solving while meeting the complex needs of the clients.
4. Skills to adapt verbal and written communication to the language and style of the client and their family.
5. Complete all necessary documentation with in the appropriate time lines.
6. Undertake primary case management responsibilities for designated clients.
7. Conduct individual and group counseling and educational sessions for clients and/or family members.
8. Ensure that client service records are maintained consistent with regulations.
9. Maintain communications with all staff (e.g. admissions, process, and discharge plans).
10. Ability to coordinate services from a variety of community resources
11. Utilize a variety of treatment concepts, evidence based practices and service modalities when providing care.
12. Serve as a member of the Clinical Team and participate in all team meetings and activities.
13. Exercise confidentiality in keeping with the professional Code of Conduct and within the framework of the law.
14. Deliver exceptional customer service consistently to every customer.
15. Serve as a role model and demonstrate positive guest relations in representing the agency.
16. Assume other related responsibilities as delegated by management.