The Warehouse Operations Supervisor is an Operations position responsible for supervising the activities associated with day warehouse operations. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the supervision of product receiving, product replenishment, ensuring safety and security of the warehouse and providing management and direction to warehouse staff.
- Supervises the daily work and safety of employees engaged in receiving, replenishing and storing inbound product, including all warehouse functions, receivers and day forklift operators.
- Supervises labor hours and consumable supplies within budget. Prepares work schedules including extra work days and shifts as needed.
- Supervises the proper utilization of Company assets in support of the warehouse.
- Reviews day warehouse functions and various warehouse productivity reporting. Suggests efficiency ideas, cost reduction measures and assists with implementation of changes within day warehouse.
- Conducts receiving and location audits daily ensuring all required receiving documentation is accurately completed and that material is checked in and stored correctly with a minimum potential for loss.
- Coordinates communication between dock, inbound scheduling and warehouse management to ensure efficient inbound operations.
- Assists with monitoring sanitation and facility/racking damage to ensure a safe and clean warehouse.
- Assists with the training of new associates, including cross training of existing associates.
- Sets up the warehouse to support following shift operation and communicates any warehouse shift issues.
- Maintains associate relations through regular department or pre- shift meetings; maintains on-going interaction; keeps open communication channels with associates by answering questions and explaining policies and procedures; monitors associate morale; and submits ideas and reacts to ideas to increase survey rating.
- Interprets trains and consistently enforces Company policies and procedures.
- Coordinates efforts with Safety department to aid in training, conducting associate observations, up-dating preferred work methods, conducting accident investigations to determine root causes, and routine safety inspections. Makes recommendations for disciplinary action and/or behavior modification where required.
- Performs management functions of staff selection, development, discipline, performance reviews and/or terminations.
- Performs the duties of employees supervised and other related duties as needed.
Apply now and email Marshall at Marshall_Helenbolt@ryder.com for more information!