Student Trainee (Human Resources)
American’s enjoy and expect reliable, secure, and efficient critical infrastructures. Most people can turn on the tap, take public transit,make a call, and place a financial transaction without wondering whether it will be safe or thinking about the technology working in the background to make these things happen.
We want it to stay that way, which is why the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) was created. Our nation is vulnerable to an ever-evolving range of threats, from terrorists or cyber attacks to natural disasters. Our mission is to reduce the risk from these threats and make our people, places, spaces, data and networks resilient and secure. Join the team that is Defending Today, Securing Tomorrow!
Pathways Internship Program
The Pathways Internship Program is designed to offer current students enrolled in a wide variety of educational institutions, from high school to graduate level, with paid opportunities to work in agencies and explore Federal careers while completing their education. These internships provide a path to careers at CISA and allow qualifying individuals the opportunity to gain meaningful training and career development experience. Once onboard, interns may continue to work, either part-time or full-time, until their graduation date. Upon graduation, interns may be eligible for
non-competitive conversion to a permanent position.
Eligibility requirements include:
•U.S. Citizenship is required; Minimum age is 16
•Transcripts are required. Unofficial transcripts are accepted
•Must maintain a minimum GPA of 2.5 throughout the internship
•Must be an enrolled student at both the time of application AND at the time the internship begins to meet eligibility requirements; must remain at least a part-time student throughout the internship
•Must be able to work 640 hours (equivalent to 4 full-time months) prior to graduation for conversion eligibility
•Ability to obtain and maintain a background investigation
Major duties in this Student Trainee position may include, but are not limited to:
- Draft position descriptions (PDs) and conduct analysis and evaluation of PDs.
- Prepare new hire case files, draft and extend tentative job offers, coordinate security investigations and drug testing, draft and extend firm job offers, coordinate and establish entry-on-duty (EOD) dates, communicate with new hires, and assist with new hire orientation.
- Manipulate and retrieve personnel data from various personnel databases for reports or other uses by HR specialists.
- Perform fact-finding research, documents findings, and assist HR specialists with the preparation of employee or labor relations cases.
- Consolidate reports, perform statistical analysis, create and maintain spreadsheets or databases, design data analysis and charts, prepare briefings, letters and memos; maintain files and guides.
- Provide technical and administrative duties in support of training courses.
- Attend job fairs and internal functions as a representative.