Intern-Finance, Cost Accounting #3881
The General Dynamics Land Systems Internship Program provides an opportunity for students looking to start or continue the transition from academia into industry. Our three-month internship assignments provide compensation based on area of study and class standing, and have the students embedded in key functional areas of our business, getting real-world experience and mentorship from seasoned professionals.
This is a Summer Internship position within the Finance organization supporting Cost Accounting in the Self Governance area. This internship will provide a student the opportunity to gain valuable data analytics skills through utilization of various analytical and reporting tools. The intern will work on a variety of compliance related projects which may include inventory costing, property management, and general oversight and monitoring activities. Tasks will include working with operational areas to implement corrective actions.
In this role, students will be responsible for the following:
-Specific duties related to the Compliance Control Log project will include:
~Validate corrective actions have been taken
~Follow up on corrective actions for steps not taken
~Update monitoring metrics
~Generate required reports for new control logs
~Assist in research and analysis of control log issues involving PO's, receipts and supplier payments
-Support inventory costing analysts.
-Interface with various department personnel.
-Prepare various reports in a timely manner.
Successful candidate will possess the following:
- Strong computer skills: proficient in Excel, MS Word, Web skills with the ability to perform sorts, pivots and analysis of large data sets.
- Basic knowledge of accounting is a plus but not required.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Must be a sophomore or above in college pursuing a degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Candidates must be at least 18 years old.
- Candidates must currently be attending a university or college and successfully pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
- The Intern must be able to complete a minimum of a 3 month assignment and work full time for the duration.