Intern-SEP Program Office #3813
The General Dynamics Land Systems Intern Program provides an opportunity for students looking to start or continue the transition from academia into industry. Our three-month internship assignments provide compensation based on area of study and class standing, and have the students embedded in key functional areas of our business, getting real-world experience and mentorship from seasoned professionals.
This is a Summer Intern position within the Tracked Combat Vehicle (TCV ) program office to assist in a dynamic period of transition to full scale production of the SEP V3 configuration and ultimately fielding to the units. The intern will assist in risk management and problem resolution activities associated with program execution to include total package fielding requirements, spares, last chance buys, facilitiies, ECPs releases to production and flat file process improvements
- Pursuing a Bachelors degree in an engineering, supply chain or business discipline.
- Minimum overall GPA of 3.0 is preferred
- Candidates must be at least 18 years old
- Must be a U.S. Person (i.e. a lawful permanent resident of the U.S.)
- Candidates must successfully pass standard pre-employment screens and must provide an original transcript from their school before their first day of employment.
- Students must be able to complete a minimum of a full time, 3 month assignment
- Basic proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and technical skills, commensurate with experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Demonstrated initiative and organizational skills. Ability to work independently with direction from others.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communications skills required.
- Must meet Anthropomorphic Size Restriction (ASR) requirements to work within military vehicles.
- Use of computer and test equipment in both a laboratory and vehicle environment required to complete primary job duties.
Must apply externally at the "gdls.com" website.