Integrated Communications Intern
For Immediate Hire:
AGW Group is an integrated culture marketing and communications agency that specializes in art, fashion, music, lifestyle, tech, and cannabis.
We help brands engage cultural passion points in ways that are both authentic and relevant. Some of our clients include and [have included]: ’47 brand, Otis App, Brooklyn Brewery, gestalten publishing, MTV, Smythson, Shadowbox, Red Bull, and Condé Nast.
AGW Group is seeking an enthusiastic, hard-working, and detail-oriented communications intern to assist the PR team with brand communications and special projects. This internship requires initiative and follow-through, solid writing skills, and a broad understanding of the art, fashion, music, lifestyle, and tech industries.
Our interns are highly valued members of our team and their efforts make a significant impact day in and day out. Interns must be eager and willing to contribute to all aspects of work - from brainstorming creative angles to maintaining media lists and doing research. We are looking for driven candidates who are enthusiastic learners and are excited to be challenged.
Support the communications team on accounts that span art, fashion, music, lifestyle, tech, and cannabis.
Duties will include but not limited to:
- Brainstorming and researching creative angles for media.
- Writing press releases and pitches.
- Researching editors/writers and maintaining media lists.
- Monitoring and preparing press clips.
- Contributing to strategy brainstorms.
- Assisting with content creation and community management for the agency’s social media channels.
- Office duties which may include: managing sample inventories, sending out product, etc.
- A great attitude with exceptional attention to detail. Organizational skills are key.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- A broad understanding of media and the art, fashion, music, lifestyle, and tech industries.
- Social media savvy with an understanding of influencers in the fashion, lifestyle, and culture spaces.
- A resourceful and driven self-starter with impeccable initiative and follow-through.
- Enthusiasm and a willingness to learn and be challenged.
- Ideal candidate has previous experience in communications, and/or is studying a related field.
- A familiarity with Microsoft Office, Google Docs/Sheets, and iWork Programs including Keynote.
HOW TO APPLY:
Send the below to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submit a resume along with any applicable work samples.
- In lieu of a cover letter, tell us a little about yourself (max. 250 words).
- Identify specific areas of interest or field(s) of study you would like to explore during your internship.
- Indicate your start and end dates, and number of days/hours per week you are able to commit.
This internship is unpaid. However, AGW will gladly accept any candidate for academic credit, should your academic institution provide that option.