X-Mode’s mission is to empower companies and organizations with the highest quality and most accurate location data on the market. This will enable companies to create a more connected tomorrow by making their products and services a reality. With 65M+ global panel, a publisher network of 300+ mobile apps, and the largest beacon graph on the market, X-Mode supplies its products & services to hundreds of clients in various sectors: digital advertising, market research, location services, financial services, real estate, and smart cities. As an industry leader in providing high-quality dense location data, X-Mode takes the appropriate measures to put the right data privacy and protection policies in place as well as ensure we are transparent with our publishers and enterprise clients.
About the Role
X-Mode is looking for a Accounting Analyst to report to X-Mode's Corporate Controller and assist with the month-end closing process. The Analyst will have the unique opportunity of being able to perform many functions and gain a strong foundational experience of how a finance department operates within an organization. This is an exceptionally important role for our growing team, and you will be a key contributor to our success. This position will be on-site at our Reston, VA HQ, however, we are planning to relocate to the Arlington area early-mid 2020. The candidate can expect that the position will continue to be on-site post-move.
What You’ll Do:
- Perform invoicing function in addition to ensuring timely collections
- Perform accounts payable entry and manage accruals
- Apply cash and prepare reconciliation
- Prepare and appropriately support journal entries/reclassifications
- Prepare monthly balance sheet account reconciliation and research/resolve variances
- Maintain and appropriately support various schedules
- Manage expense reimbursement platform and ensure migration into General Ledger
- Appropriately interact with various levels of staff to obtain information and/or resolve issues
- Provide PBC support for annual audit, tax preparation, and various other requests from external affiliates
- Prepare various ad-hoc analysis and assist with the implementation of both organizational and departmental initiatives
- Prepare monthly reporting for various stakeholders within the organization
- Research notices from various tax jurisdictions and assist with the administrating compliance
- Maintain and assist with the implementation of policies and procedures
- Perform various other tasks as assigned
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's degree in business, economics, finance or accounting
- 3+ years of related work experience in a Corporate Finance role or CPA firm preferred.
- CPA certification or CPA candidate strongly preferred
- Proficient with computer applications including Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with enterprise-level accounting systems and other reporting systems
- Procedural and process-driven; strong ability to make efficient use of idle time and continually drive organizational/departmental progression
- Willingness to step out of comfort zone, manage ambiguity, and engage in a dynamic ‘startup’ environment
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills; uses sound judgment and effectively prioritize various assignments
- Has a “can-do” attitude and ability to positively implement change
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
What We Offer:
- Cool people, solving cool problems.
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- 15 Days of PTO (Paid Time Off)
- Lunch provided 2x a week
- Snacks, snacks, snacks!
- Casual dress code
- We value your input. This is a chance to get in on the "ground floor" of a growing company