PR and Communications Internship
Develop applicable skills in strategic communications, media relations, public relations and advertising through an internship with Fired Up Campaigns. We are a PR and Communications consulting firm, working with nonprofits and progressive political campaigns.
You’ll love the supportive experience of working on collaborative, cross-functional teams, to learn by doing in a fast-paced environment. Interns graduating in May 2020 are eligible and encouraged to apply for full-time paid positions on completion of the internship.
- Commit 10-15 hours each week to developing content in cooperation with experienced staff
- Cultivate relationships, write press releases, and pitch stories to influencers and media outlets
- Write social media posts that connect with a specified target audience
- Assist with drafting and publishing of emails that will be sent to lists of 1000+ readers
- Assist with drafting scripts and general production of video advertisements
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Interest in civic engagement and/or public relations
- Basic understanding of current events and government
- Enrollment in a for-credit internship program strongly preferred
Fired Up Campaigns is an equal opportunity employer and places a high value on diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.