Youth Leadership Internship (Paid). Jun-Aug 2020
Spend your time this Summer developing real-life 21st Century Skills to take with you throughout your life and career!
We know that you’re passionate about changing the world, and so are we! We think one of the best ways to do this is by Teaching (and learning) Life Skills Through Sports!
Youth Leadership Internship
This fun and creative internship invites you to develop your leadership and communication skills for leading groups of about 20 children or teens in their daily activities. You 'll learn how to collaborate with people from all over the world; build life skills in young people; and exercise great judgment regarding safety – all the while engaging with and entertaining kids through the joy of playing sports! This internship position requires a positive attitude, great adaptability, and simply the desire to put smiles on the faces of those around you!
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN WHILE INTERNING
• how to present to small and large groups
• how to find your own leadership style
• how to adapt to new situations
• how to communicate thoughts and ideas to people of all ages and backgrounds
• how to accept supervision and work well with others
• how to lead athletic activities
• how to sell your internship experience to employers after graduation
ALL WE NEED FROM YOU
• an upbeat, fun attitude
• an openness to picking up new skills from peers and mentors
• a little previous experience teaching or leading activities - and the passion for getting better at it
• a feeling that you can make a real difference by working with kids
• an enjoyment for teaching/facilitating one of the following: waterfront activities/lifeguarding; high ropes course/rock climbing; mountain biking; or jet-skiing
Shared housing and all meals are included in your employment, so you'll even be saving money all Summer too!
Find out more at international-sports.com!