International Policy Intern
Department Description: The Chamber’s International Division works to create a level playing field for trade to generate economic growth and American jobs. The International Policy shop advocates for pro-business trade and investment policies working with leaders in government and business.
Position Overview: The International Policy Intern provides support to the International Policy team’s advocacy of Chamber policy positions in U.S. trade and investment globally.
- Event Coordination: Assist the team with logistics, planning, room set-up and arrangements for large events hosted by the International Policy Department. The day of the event, assist the team to manage registration and schedule flow as well as networking with participants.
- Congressional: Assist the team with outreach to House and Senate offices, help to coordinate Hill events and gather materials. The intern has the option to attend various Hill meetings.
- Research: Assist team members with research projects covering a wide variety of issues.
- Attend various Trade Policy events and programs around DC.
- Assist with the day to day responsibilities of the International Policy Department.
Qualifications: An ideal candidate will possess:
- Excellent writing, proofreading and editorial skills
- Organizational skills to plan and execute logistics for department meetings and conferences
- Experience working in trade policy and knowledge of the current trade agenda
We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, marital status, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Our talent acquisition and employment policies are inclusive. We respect both the spirit and letter of the laws of equal employment opportunity.
This position is paid and part-time.