Summer Internship - Content Specialist
LifeWay Christian Resources is looking for a qualified Content Specialist Intern to join our leadership development team. Our leadership development team provides training resources, videos, and learning management capabilities to equip volunteers, leaders, and pastors. Through this internship, you will work in a fast-paced team environment and gain broad experience in various aspects of content development, leadership development, and e-learning.
Interning at LifeWay (internship.lifeway.com)
The LifeWay Internship Program is designed to provide college students and recent college graduates a valuable learning experience where they can grow professionally, personally, and spiritually. Our internships offer significantly more than “busy work.” As an intern, you’ll receive weekly professional development and leadership training, exposure to senior leaders, mentoring relationships with a professional in your field, and the option to participate in LifeWay Chapel and an internship small group. Our office is in the heart of downtown Nashville, placing you in the middle of a vibrant and diverse city, filled with cultural and professional benefits.
- View training videos and write summary descriptions
- Develop supplemental resources such as handouts, questionnaires, and surveys to support learning objectives of training videos
- Write and edit leadership blog posts
- Upload videos and resources into learning management system
- Repurpose video, podcast, and blog content for other content channels and marketing messages
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of project management, marketing, and social media
- Advanced familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Adobe InDesign, preferred
- Major in Ministry Leadership, Education, English, Communications, Biblical Studies, Theology, or related program
Internship Program Details/Requirements
- LifeWay’s summer internship program pays $10/hour for undergraduate students and $15/hour for graduate students
- Interns work 32 hours per week on average, a typical schedule is 8 hours/day Monday through Thursday
- Interns must commit to participate in the entirety of the program: June 1 - August 7, 2020 (10 weeks)
- Candidates must be currently enrolled at a college or university in an undergraduate or graduate program, and have fully completed at least two years of study. Recent graduates are eligible if they graduated the semester immediately prior (December 2019 or May 2020 graduates only)
- Interviews begin in December - January. Internship applications are due by January 15. Selections are finalized by March 15
- Must have dependable transportation to and from our office. Parking garage is available at no cost. Some public transit options may be available.
- Interns are responsible for securing their own housing. However, LifeWay will provide a few resources interns can use to find summer housing