Summer Internship - Music Development
As a Music Development Intern, you will work alongside our Song Publishing and Creative Development team to produce and develop new songs for LifeWay Worship, https://www.lifewayworship.com/.
Interning at LifeWay (internship.lifeway.com)
The LifeWay Internship Program is designed to provide college students and recent college graduates a valuable learning experience where they can grow professionally, personally, and spiritually. Our internships offer significantly more than “busy work.” As an intern, you’ll receive weekly professional development and leadership training, exposure to senior leaders, mentoring relationships with a professional in your field, and the option to participate in LifeWay Chapel and an internship small group. Our office is in the heart of downtown Nashville, placing you in the middle of a vibrant and diverse city, filled with cultural and professional benefits.
- Assist with music editing and audio recording production
- Assist with engraving and transcribing print music
- Coordinate select publications
- Assist with concept development
- Collaborate with teams to see projects through from concept to production
- Basic familiarity with production software
- Ability to read music preferred
- Ability to edit and create music preferred
- Knowledge of music publishing and/or song production
- Major in music business, worship, or related program
Internship Program Details/Requirements
- LifeWay’s summer internship program pays $10/hour for undergraduate students and $15/hour for graduate students
- Interns work 32 hours per week on average, a typical schedule is 8 hours/day Monday through Thursday
- Interns must commit to participate in the entirety of the program: June 1 - August 7, 2020 (10 weeks)
- Candidates must be currently enrolled at a college or university in an undergraduate or graduate program, and have fully completed at least two years of study. Recent graduates are eligible if they graduated the semester immediately prior (December 2019 or May 2020 graduates only)
- Interviews begin in December - January. Internship applications are due by January 15. Selections are finalized by March 15
- Must have dependable transportation to and from our office. Parking garage is available at no cost. Some public transit options may be available.
- Interns are responsible for securing their own housing. However, LifeWay will provide a few resources interns can use to find summer housing