RN New Graduate Nurse Residency Program, Spring 2021 Cohort
Join Emory Healthcare Spring 2021 RN Residency Program!
Program begins February 2021
Applications will be accepted for the RN New Grad Residency Program from July 27, 2020 until January 29, 2021.
The Emory Healthcare Nurse Residency Program
The 12-month transition-to-practice program utilizes the Vizient/AACN Nurse Residency Program. We offer a series of learning and work experiences designed to assist you as you transition into your first professional role as an RN. The program is designed for newly licensed registered nurse with no prior experience as an RN.
How it works:
Residents participate in the residency program while concurrently completing their unit/department orientation. They attend a four-hour learning session each month and complete and evidence-based practice project by the end of the 12 month residency program. Residents are paid to attend the Nurse Residency Program sessions and attendance is required.
- Support the transition from advanced beginner to competent RN
- Develop effective clinical decision-making
- Provide clinical leadership at the point of care
- Formulate an individual professional development plan
- Incorporate evidence from research into practice
- Strengthen commitment to the nursing profession
The curriculum focuses on:
- Critical thinking
- Patient safety
- Leadership abilities
- Evidence-based practice
- Professional career development
- Communication skills
- Meets attendance requirements
- Completes an evidence- based practice project
- Completes all evaluations and survey instruments within the time frame
- Attending the Nurse Residency completion ceremony at the end of the program
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits! Please see our website for details.