The Assessment Specialist assesses the clinical needs of customers seeking behavioral health services and to provide treatment referrals which are consistent with the customer’s medical and psychiatric status/symptoms.
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Master’s Degree or a higher level degree in a behavioral health field
- A high level of communication skills is required in order to lead, teach and persuade other and/or interact effectively with others in very difficult situations
- Knowledge of DSM5 (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders) diagnostic criteria, ICD10 and interqual standards
- Current State of Illinois e.g. LCSW, LSW, LPC, LCPC
- Current State of Illinois driver’s license required if the incumbent is selected to perform related duties at an off site location. If the incumbent uses their personal vehicle, the incumbent must maintain automobile liability coverage as required by law and evidence of such coverage may be requested.
- CPI and CPR certification is required within 90 days of employment