Operations Assistant - Summer Internship
Location: East Otis, Massachusetts
Compensation: $3,000 to $3,500 plus travel (based on experience and skills)
Dates: Approximately Early June to Early/Mid August
Benefits: Travel stipend, comfortable housing, healthy meals, access to camp facilities
Camp Description: The Berkshire Soccer Academy is a private overnight soccer camp for girls. We offer an elite training experience for girls, ages 10-16, in a traditional camp setting on a private lake in the Berkshires.
Scope of Work: The Operations Assistant will work under the Camp Director to ensure the daily camp program runs smoothly. This includes, but is not limited to: setting up and breaking down event equipment, overseeing program spaces and summer camp logistics. A typical day can begin as early as 6:30AM and end as late as 8:30PM, which includes 1 day off for every 6 working days and regularly scheduled breaks during the work day. The Operations Assistant will live in a staff-only cabin.
Job Qualifications based on our Service Standards:
- Ability to follow directions and ask for clarification if necessary
- Ability to perform physical duties, lift 60+ pounds
- Ability to interact positively with other staff and kids
- Proven experience working in maintenance, operations, project management or landscaping
- Proven ability to learn and use field equipment, and basic hand and power tools
- Attention to detail and organized
- Must be excited about living in an outdoor, mountain setting