Live and work in beautiful Aroostook County, Maine, where people dream of visiting! Maine offers hikes on the Appalachian trail, skiing the slopes, the first sunrise in the US, rolling farmlands and history! We have it all..... except one thing. We need you! Join us at AR Gould. EMT job description:
ENERAL DESCRIPTION/STATEMENT: The Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) is primarily responsible for providing high quality, calm, compassionate care during 911 response and on inter-facility transfers. The EMT is also responsible in assisting other departments upon request in emergency situations, promoting training and education to the public, conducting daily inspection of equipment and quarters and assisting with departmental operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: Essential duties of EMS position follow the National Scope of Practice Documents Published by the National Registry of EMTS (NREMT) which can be found at www.nremt.org. These include:
1. Performing emergency and routine patient care in the pre-hospital setting and interfacility transport setting in a calm and safe manner.
2. Driving safety in response to 911 calls, as well as on inter-facility transfer.
3. Performing public and community education.
4. Maintaining equipment and supplies, and assisting with the maintenance of the living quarters.
5. Assisting in the hospital setting as delegated and needed consistent with the collective bargaining agreement.