CLS Adaptive Sports & Recreation Intern Program - Spring 2021
The CLS Adaptive Sports & Recreation Intern Development Program is a comprehensive training program created to ensure that interns with a healthcare or exercise science background gain the knowledge and skills necessary to provide innovative and quality services while mastering an understanding of the exercise precautions and safe and adapted methods of exercise and sports development across various disabilities. In accordance with our mission and vision, we hope our CLS interns will enhance the experience of our special kids and adults attending our programs. Intern roles & responsibilities include:
- Providing leadership in program/camp functions while working in alignment with the vision of our organization.
- Participate actively with all age groups and ability levels.
- Cleaning equipment and assisting with maintenance of equipment and interactive fitness systems.
- Manage volunteers by delegating tasks and assigning volunteers to participants
- Offer ideas for adaptations to enhance our programming
- Assist in developing future adaptive programs.