Wound Care Nurse
The role of Wound Care Nurse at Lebanon North Nursing & Rehab is a great opportunity for the Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse to utilize nursing skills in the scope of practice to provide exceptional wound care under the supervision of our medical director. The Wound Care Nurse will work closely with the Director of Nursing and Assistant Director of Nursing to monitor the condition of existing wounds and to prevent the development of new wounds through education of staff and residents. The Wound Care Nurse will also be assigned a set of additional responsibilities related to infection prevention and resident safety. The Wound Care Nurse is expected to demonstrate excellence in patient care and interdisciplinary communication, and will be expected to complete assigned responsibilities with minimal supervision after the orientation period is complete.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to as follows:
- Wound care and treatments
- Assisting with medical director wound rounds on a weekly basis
- Weekly wound report and pressure ulcer report
- Weekly wound meeting with DON and ADON
- Weekly skin assessment audit
- Tracking of laboratory and radiology test completion
- Antibiotic stewardship monitoring
- Rotation in staffing call to assist with continuous staffing coverage.
Occasional assistance with provision of weekend supervisor coverage may be required, and additional duties may be assigned at discretion.
- Current licensure with the State Board of Nursing in Missouri, or current in compact state
- Current BLS certification
- Minimum of two years of experience in medical-surgical or long term care
- Strong knowledge of wound management and infection control
- Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Attention to detail
- Familiarity with electronic health records
- Ability to thrive in and adapt to the work environment
- Ability to build good rapport with multiple patients and staff
- Availability to work a minimum of 32 hours per week Monday through Friday with occasional supervisory weekend shifts
- Flexibility to assist with changing staffing needs
Lebanon North Nursing & Rehab takes pride in the care we deliver to our residents, doing our best to ensure that every member of our staff works as a team. We want to work alongside you to achieve your goals and take every possible effort to support both resident and employee satisfaction! We truly believe that if we work as a team, we can all achieve our goals together!
If you are interested in joining us at Lebanon North Nursing & Rehab, apply online today! Or you can call us at (417) 532-9173 and ask how to apply in person. We can't wait to meet you!