The Medical Technologist/Medical Laboratory Scientist is part of the provider care team who helps with diagnosis, treatment, and monitoring of patient conditions through the use of technical and scientific knowledge. This position is responsible for accurate, precise, and timely performance of laboratory tests. Medical Technologists/Medical Laboratory Scientists evaluate and report test results while assuring compliance and meeting all regulatory requirements consistent with the quality of a World Class Laboratory. The Medical Technologist/Medical Laboratory Scientist will be required to exhibit excellent customer service skills in line with Mercy Signature Service in all internal and external customer interactions. Perform duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with our mission, values, and Mercy Service Standards.
*If you have a biology or chemistry degree, we would like to visit with you!
- Education: Associate degree
- Experience: 3 years acceptable clinical laboratory experience as a certified MLT, or with a bachelor’s degree in a major that meets a certification agency’s requirement or with successful completion of a 50 week U.S. military medical laboratory training course
- Certifications: 1.MLT certification plus three years of acceptable clinical laboratory experience 2.Bachelor’s degree, in a major that meets a certification agency’s requirements
- 3.Completion of a 50 week U.S. military medical laboratory training course and three year acceptable clinical laboratory experience
- Preferred Education: Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Preferred Certifications: MT(ASCP) or equivalent