Student Nurse Internship - Summer 2021
RN Student Summer Internship - Cedar Rapids, IA
UnityPoint at Home & Hospice
10 week orientation: June 1 - August 10, 2021
Summer Nurse Internship Overview:
• One credit class with tuition reimbursed by UnityPoint at Home.
• 10-week hourly paid position.
Transition to Nurse Residency Program
• Those that successfully complete the internship would be considered a
preferred candidate for the nurse residency program.
• Residency program includes a commitment to work one year (12 months)
in a full-time status as a Registered Nurse at Unity Point at Home.
• Cost of NCLEX prep course and testing reimbursed by UnityPoint at Home
if intern commits to Nurse Residency Program
• Build strong professional relationships with clinical team members
• Gain confidence in performing technical skills
• Develop clinical judgment skills and priority setting
• Current enrollment in an accredited ADN or BSN Program
(either entering 4th year of BSN program or last 2 terms of ADN program)
• GPA 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
• Current AHA BLS Card- Professional Provider
• Submit proof of state approved Certified Nurse Aide Course (CNA)
• All interns are required to be enrolled in a nursing course during
the duration of the internship.
• Accepted January 1 - February 15, 2021
• UnityPoint at Home Application - www.unityPoint.org/careers
• UnityPoint at Home Recommendation Form – completed by two school of nursing
• UnityPoint at Home Letter of Intent that answers:
1. What influenced you to pursue a career in nursing?
2. Why are you interested in the Nurse Internship Program?
3. Where do you see yourself in five years?
• Deadline for application materials: February 15, 2021
• Late or incomplete applications will be automatically disqualified.
More about UnityPoint at Home:
- UnityPoint at Home (UPaH) comprehensively cares for people in their
- homes who are coping with illness, injury, end of life care needs, or
- post-operative healing
- Provides home care, home medical equipment retail and service, and
- specialty pharmacy and infusion support.
- Partners with people and their families to provide end-of-life hospice services.
- Collaborates with acute care facilities and clinics to create seamless transitions
- of care.