Registered Nurse (RN)
LUXURGERY is searching for a highly capable Operating Room Registered Nurse to join our Aesthetic Plastic Surgery practice located on Manhattan’s Upper East Side. Our ideal candidate is self-driven, punctual, and reliable professional who is looking to advance their skill-sets and career.
The Operating Room Registered Nurse (RN) is responsible for delivering excellent patient care first and foremost, assisting in preparation for pre-op, post-op, and minimally invasive procedures as trained to provide direct assistance to the patients and fostering a spirit of teamwork. In addition to assisting our patients, the Operating Room Nurse will be responsible for the preparation of instruments and equipment for surgical procedures. In this role, your duties will include preparing operating rooms, liaising with healthcare professionals on patient care, and providing patients with post-surgery instructions.
To ensure success, the RN should be qualified by education, clinical experience and/or other training to provide patient care services in a clinical and/or supportive role. Functioning under the direction, instruction and supervision of Dr. Sachin M. Shridharani. First-class candidates demonstrate excellent communication skills and the ability to provide a high level of care under pressure.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Applies knowledge of policies and procedures related to OSHA standards include (but are not limited to): Infection Control, Risk Management, Hazardous Communications, Environmental Safety, etc.
- Applies knowledge of standard precautions, hand hygiene, transmission-based precautions and personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Consults and coordinates with appropriate health care team members to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care plans, as prescribed by physician
- Educates patients about pre-op and post-op care, including providing information and quotation details for post- care healing bundles.
- Acts with integrity to maintain patient confidentiality and to ensure HIPAA compliance at all times.
- Responsible for the confidentiality, security, and physical safety of patient and clinical records.
- Monitors the collection, processing, maintenance, storage, and appropriate access to and usage of patient and clinical records.
- Maintains and organizes the secured record format according to policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the security of the clinical record including a method of tracking who accesses the record in order to block unauthorized access.
- Comprehension of LUXURGERY’s electronic tracking tools, databases and platforms.
- Developing/improving upon inventory management procedures.
- Establishes and maintains a secure knowledge and understanding of ALL policies, procedures and associated forms and references.
- Responsible for the coordination of the accreditation process in accordance with AAAASF Standards, policies and procedures.
- Maintains a professional relationship with each patient and understands the importance of setting proper boundaries/limits and expectations for anticipated results.
- Reviews relative paperwork prior to procedure to ensure current history & physical, current medication history and other required elements are present.
- Recognizes the need to elevate care to senior clinical staff and/or Physician.
- Remains informed of new products, equipment and techniques for operating room safety and efficiency.
- Demonstrates strong, accurate decision-making capabilities within scope of practice.
- Protects the patient in the event of a medical/health care error and, as appropriate, assists in medical/health care error resolution and reporting.
- Transcribes dictations.
- Assumes responsibility for the successful completion of initial and annual training requirements.
- Attends and participates in scheduled clinic and corporate meetings as required.
- Provides assistance to administrative staff with opening and closing duties.
- Greets and directs patients upon arrival to the office.
- Answers incoming calls, schedules appointments and enters demographic and insurance information as directed.
- Provides back-up support for other clinical staff.
- Punctual and dependent for assigned/confirmed shifts
- Demonstrates proficiency in the following clinic-related duties, as well as assisting other staff in performance of these duties include (but are not limited to): Pre-Procedure, Intra-Procedural, and Post-Procedure Responsibilities
- Must be 18 years or older and able to read and write consistent with job requirements.
- Has a professional appearance and interpersonal communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Shows evidence of fulfilling health requirements of the state of practice.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing Degree (BSN).
- State-approved Registered Nurse (RN).
- Experience as a nurse providing perioperative care.
- Exceptional knowledge of surgical instruments and equipment, as well as sterile techniques.
- Proficiency in recordkeeping and patient management systems.
- Advanced proficiency in developing and implementing perioperative nursing care plans.
- Ability to collaborate with surgical teams and healthcare specialists.
- In-depth knowledge of best practices in healthcare.