Clinical Research Assistant II -Part-time- PriCARE -Bilingual
Child Adult Relationship Enhancement in Pediatric Primary Care (PriCARE) is a group caregiver training program for caregivers of children ages 2-6 who have some behavioral problems. The main goals of the program are to teach these parents ways to improve their parent-child relationship while also improving their child’s behaviors. Many of our parents are single parents with limited resources. In order to help address possible barriers to attendance, during the in-person sessions within the primary care clinic we provide on-site childcare for kids ages 2-10, SEPTA tokens for transportation reimbursement, and food. As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, this intervention has been converted for virtual delivery via a secure, HIPAA-compliant platform.
To date, CHOP has only facilitated PriCARE groups in English; however, we have recently translated and culturally adapted our curriculum in order to provide these sessions to Spanish-speaking families. Each group is 6 weeks long and meets once a week for 6 consecutive weeks. Each session is 1-1.5 hours and are offered during the week either midday or at night.
This is a Part time Research Assistant position offered through PolicyLab and the Division of General Pediatrics at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia. The Bilingual Research Assistant position will assist the Principal Investigator and more senior study staff in activities related to PriCARE, a parenting intervention for parents of children with behavioral problems. Responsibilities of the research assistant will include: 1) recruitment of caregivers, 2) data collection, 3) data entry, and 4) provision of technical support during the virtual delivery of the intervention. The research assistant will also perform additional research study or administrative tasks as assigned, which may include literature searches, article retrievals, data abstraction, survey and instrument development. The Research Assistant will participate in research project related meetings with the Principal Investigator, Research Coordinator, and research team to gain a better understanding of protocol issues and project developments.
- Enroll subjects into the clinical studies and intervention.
- Conduct in-person, phone, or videoconference interviews of subjects.
- Provide technical and coordination support for study visits and the intervention sessions.
- Data entry.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to perform assigned tasks with supervision.
- Able to work accurately, work well with others, and pay strict attention to detail.
- Must be adaptable to do work which is varied, and requires an intellectual and professional approach.
- Requires a flexibility of skills and hours.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to converse professionally with families
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Efficient in navigating video conference platforms
- REDCap knowledge and experience preferred, but not required
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- AA or Bachelor’s degree required in related field (Psychology, Public Health, Medicine, etc.)
- 2+ years of related research experience preferred
- Bilingual in Spanish
- Experience and passion for the development of healthy families preferred
- Willingness to commit at least 1 year to the position
Providing technical and clinical support in the conduct of clinical studies:
- Filing and office organization
- Patient/research participant scheduling
- Patient/research participant history
- Data collection
- Data entry
- Data management
- Laboratory procedures
- Follow-up care
- Order materials/supplies
- Schedule research meetings
Research Study Compliance
- Adhere to an IRB approved protocols
- Comply with Institutional policies, SOPs and guidelines
- Comply with federal, state, and sponsor policies
Also may be responsible for any of the following:
- Participate in the informed consent process for study subjects
- Document and report adverse events
- Maintain study source documents
- Submit basic IRB reports
- Complete case report forms (paper and electronic data capture)
Required Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
Required Education and Experience
Required Education: Associates Degree or active enrollment in a Bachelor’s Degree Program
Required Experience: Two (2) years of relevant clinical research experience.
To be considered you must apply:https://career4.successfactors.com/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=83371&company=C0000169453P