LUXURGERY is searching for an experienced Medical Assistant to join our Aesthetic Plastic Surgery practice/Research Team located on Manhattan’s Upper East Side. Our ideal candidate is self-driven, punctual, and reliable.
The Medical Assistant is responsible for assisting the physician with patient care including taking vital signs, obtaining history and chief complaint; assisting with aesthetic procedures and surgical procedures as directed by the supervising physician. Other responsibilities include comprehensive patient notes and charting, patient education on treatment plans and medication, and nursing procedures (such as preparing syringes, IV placement, suture removal, dressing changes, etc.).
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Possesses wide-ranging knowledge of skin care treatment, aesthetic treatments and products
- Excellent communication skills
- Good problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work as a team member
- Well-organized with attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Empathetic with patient needs and concerns
- Ability to work well with physicians, anticipating their needs in regard to patient treatment
- Escorts patients to exam rooms in order of appointment times.
- Completely and accurately fills out all required patient notes and charting, acting as a scribe for the physician.
- Obtains patient medical history.
- Takes vital signs as required by patient’s chief complaint
- Obtains or updates medication list if necessary.
- Formulates and obtains proper informed consents.
- Sets up exam room according to scheduled procedure; anticipates physicians needs if non-scheduled procedure is likely.
- Assists physician with minimally-invasive procedures in an accurate and timely manner.
- Educates patient as required after physician establishes the treatment plan.
- Prior to leaving the office, ensures patients understand the following: the treatment plan, the proper use of their medications, and their responsibility for compliance with the treatment plan.
- Straightens and cleans exam rooms after patient visits.
- Performs nursing procedures including, but not limited to, dressing changes, suture removal, etc., without direct physician supervision.
- Collaborates and communicates effectively with physicians and multidisciplinary team members.
- Determines patient skin care goals and objectives and recommends products and services that can reasonably facilitate attainment of those goals.
- Seeks advice and supervision of physician as required on treatment protocols and notifies the physician of any patient noncompliance.
- Maintains patient medical records detailing all treatment procedures, elective products, medication history, and educational materials received.
- Monitors and maintains equipment to insure proper operation.
- Maintains treatment rooms and work areas in compliance with OSHA standards.
- Maintains inventory-tracking system for retail and professional products.
- Ensures all exam rooms are appropriately stocked (i.e. syringes, sutures, needles, gauze, robes, medications, etc.)
- Orders and stocks inventory and supplies as needed for maintaining treatment rooms and retail areas.
- Maintains confidentiality in matters related to patient, family and staff.
- Performs all duties related to medical instrument cleaning and sterilization.
- Performs other duties and tasks as needed.
- Delivers care with appropriate age and cultural competence in accordance with individualized patient needs.
- When necessary, employee may be asked to assist with administrative duties pertinent to the front desk responsibilities including but not limited to scheduling, answering phones, coordinating payment.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!