Registered Nurse - Apheresis - Per-Diem
EXCEPTIONAL CANCER CARE, EXCEPTIONAL NURSES
Seattle Cancer Care Alliance, in Seattle, Washington, is part of a dynamic collaboration among three organizations known nationally and internationally for their patient care and research: Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, University of Washington, and Seattle Children's. These three organizations have worked together to support their mission of world class adult and pediatric oncology patient care services, research and education. Please join us and be part of making a difference in the lives of our patients, families, and community!
At Seattle Cancer Care Alliance every patient, every life matters. Our dedicated nurses are a driving force making SCCA a global leader in the prevention, treatment, and cure of cancer. Our nurses rank among leading experts in oncology. Our nurses provide exceptional patient and family-centered care as they coordinate and assist in individualized treatment. They integrate care with support for the research and development of innovative therapies. Embarking with each patient on a journey through cancer treatment and survival, our compassionate nurses walk hand-in-hand with courage and hope with each individual to ensure the best possible patient outcome.
Our nurses are vital to the journey of cancer care. We invite you to explore our career opportunities and apply online for more information.
Apheresis Registered Nurse (RN) performs cell collections and therapeutic apheresis procedures for adult and pediatric patients, related donors, and volunteer research subjects in three local inpatient and outpatient settings. This role provides patient centric care and is primarily responsible for nursing assessment and diagnosis, planning, implementation, and evaluation.
Apheresis Unit Profile
- Business hours are M-F, 7:00 am - 5:30 pm
- Nurse-to-patient ratio is 1:1
- We are supported by two Medical Directors, a Professional Practice Coordinator, Research Coordinator, Medical Assistant, Program Coordinators and Assistants and the SCCA Cellular Therapy Division.
- New hires are provided a comprehensive apheresis training program, including in-house bone marrow transplant and oncology courses, and are encouraged to attend apheresis-specific conferences.
- SCCA Nurses have a say in our governance and make decisions collaboratively with our clinical partners.
- Our Apheresis Nurses have over 220 years of combined apheresis experience!
- Performs apheresis procedures for patients and donors at the main clinic location.
- Assesses patient/donor medical history and clinical condition for procedural concerns, risks and contraindications to apheresis.
- Reviews donor health history questionnaires, justifications and other related documentation before collection, according to SOPs and regulatory guides.
- Educates patients, families, and caregivers on disease processes, treatment, side effects and symptom management
- Monitors the patient / donor response to the procedure and make technical and medication changes appropriately.
- Communicates with medical provider teams and Apheresis Medical Directors to address potential and immediate clinical concerns.
- Coordinates with inter-disciplinary team to ensure continuity of care
- Processes apheresis products, including labeling and delivery in compliance with regulatory documentation.
- Adheres to unit policies and procedures compliant with regulatory requirements documentation; follows FDA, FACT, CAP and other regulatory requirements and guidance.
- Integrates research and evidence based knowledge into clinical practice
- Nursing degree
- Current Washington State nursing license
- Current Basic Life Support Healthcare Provider Card from American Heart Association
- Apheresis cell collection and photopheresis experience with current instruments: CellEx and Optia
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Two years of nursing experience – oncology, critical care, dialysis and ECMO experience a plus
- Excellent venipuncture skills and experience with central venous access devices
- Able to move (push / pull / carry) required equipment
- Basic computer skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills
Our Commitment to Diversity
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) Employer. We are committed to cultivating a workplace in which diverse perspectives and experiences are welcomed and respected. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, sex, age, disability (physical or mental), marital or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, political ideology, or membership in any other legally protected class. We are an Affirmative Action employer. We encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds to apply and desire priority referrals of protected veterans. If due to a disability you need assistance/and or a reasonable accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please send a request to our Employee Services Center at email@example.com or by calling 206-667-4700.