Nurse Extern Program, 2021
Nurse Extern Program for Student Nurses
May 7, 2021 - July 25, 2021
Spend your summer with us at UnityPoint Health - Meriter in Madison, Wisconsin!
Transitioning from the classroom to a career can be challenging. You can get a head start on your nursing career by taking advantage of this unique opportunity. Earn as you learn at UnityPoint Health - Meriter Hospital during our summer program. From the beginning of May to the end of July, you will work in our caring, nurturing environment under the guidance of an experienced registered nurse. Our Student Nurse Extern Program will allow you to observe firsthand the dynamics of collaborative nursing practice and to begin the transition from student to professional nurse.
The Nurse Extern Program at Meriter Hospital is open to any nursing student who meets the following criteria:
- Pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
- Will have senior status for the fall semester 2021
- Anticipates graduating in December 2021 or May 2022
- Is a student in good standing at an accredited school of nursing
- Has completed at least one acute care clinical
- Is certified in Health Care Provider BLS through July 2021
- Has a current CPR certification valid through July 2021
How to Apply
- Please complete the entire add-on form and save it to your computer. This can be found at: https://www.unitypoint.org/madison/summer-extern-program.aspx
- Once you have completed the add-on form you are then ready to submit your online application for the Nurse Extern Program on the UnityPoint Health - Meriter Careers page at https://www.unitypoint.org/madison/careers
- Upload your completed add-on form, resume and unofficial official transcripts into your online application prior to submitting.
- Please make sure that what you attach is readable, as we will not review any forms that have formatting issues.
It is your responsibility to make sure that all required application materials are included in the online application and received by the deadline, January 31, 2021.
We will not consider incomplete applications or those submitted after the deadline.