Aseptic Technician I JR00006904
This Aseptic Technician I position is responsible for executing department specific tasks in accordance with all applicable cGMPs and compliant with Corporate/site procedures, regulations and policies.
Virus: Produce viral antigens in roller bottles and bioreactors in a clean room setting. Includes the preparation of continuous cell lines used for virus propagation and inactivation and concentration of viral fluids. Involves working with portable and stationary equipment and steam.
- Execution of aseptic techniques and clean room procedures or support area procedures in a GMP facility.
- Maintain appropriate departmental cGMP documentation.
- Execute all written procedures, to include Batch Records and SOPs.
- Follow and comply with all financial procedures
- Follow and comply with all site safety procedures.
- Operation of departmental equipment to include set up and take down.
- Effectively work in a team environment and communicate with multiple departments.
- Perform environmental monitoring and staging of clean rooms.
- Perform accurate cell counts.
- Manipulate roller bottles.
- Operate, clean and sanitize concentration units.
- Operate and maintain bioreactors.
- Monitor and respond to BMS (Building Management System) alarms.
- Accurately document production activities on paper and in computer based systems.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school education or GED required.
- Post High School education in the Sciences or other related disciplines preferred.
- Good mathematical, science and computer skills preferred.
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration skills required.
- Strong communication skills required.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to reach above shoulder level, bend/stoop, push/pull, and handle/grip frequently.