Quality Scientist I JR00006935
This Quality Scientist I position is responsible for executing specific tasks within the Quality Control department in accordance with all applicable cGMPs, government regulations, and corporate/site procedures and policies. This role is responsible for efficiently and accurately carrying out activities involved in routine testing of samples received from production.
· Testing of samples from manufacturing to ensure quality and compliance with all applicable regulations and standard operating procedures.
· Maintain testing schedules and reagent inventories.
· Clean, monitor, and maintain lab equipment and facilities.
· Provide basic input for laboratory investigations (LIR).
· Provide basic project support.
· Properly utilize computer software used during routine work
· Understand and execute excellent aseptic technique
· Correctly prepare media and reagents
· Perform egg drilling, candling, and other egg manipulations
· Perform culture of primary and continuous cell lines
· Participate in Media Fill inspections
· Participate in all required training activities.
· Work in a safe manner and follow safety policies and procedures.
· Demonstrate basic problem solving skills and troubleshooting ability.
· Perform basic laboratory math accurately (dilutions, titrations, cell counts, etc)
· Record procedures and results using proper cGMP documentation.
· Effectively work in a team environment and communicate with multiple departments
Education and Experience:
2 to 4 Year Degree (science background preferred) and/or 0-3 years of relevant experience
· Knowledge of cGMP/GLP requirements.
· Experience with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, and Powerpoint)
· Strong attention to detail, ability to work well independently and as a part of a team, and to work effectively with people at all levels within the organization.
· Ability to follow detailed instructions with coaching.
· Experience with cell culture and/or egg-based propagation of viruses.
· Experience using aseptic technique.
· Work experience in a cGMP/GLP environment.
Ability to lift approximately 20 pounds.
Flexibility to cover rotating weekend duties.
Ability to grasp and manipulate objects like pipettors, flasks, and bottles