Associate Scientist JR00006908
This role is a team contributor role that will focus on maintaining compliance for the QC Virology department by reviewing executed bench records, ensuring scheduling adherance, performing periodic reviews of standard operating procedures in alignment with Zoetis Quality standards and regulatory changes, and assistance with ETS action items and Laboratory Investigation Reports. The successful candidate will be expected to direct and prioritize tasks to ensure that tests and records are completed in an accurate and timely manner providing reliable results, thus ensuring timely product delivery. In addition, the colleague will be trained to assist with testing and therefore be expected to have in-depth knowledge and understanding of the performance of assays.
- Audit/review bench records in accordance with the Average Inspection Duration lead times to ensure schedule adherence.
- Provide backup assistance in testing in-process samples, blended vaccines and final containers for all applicable assays utilizing good aseptic practices with no supervision.
- Have an in-depth understanding of the performance and trending of the assays responsible and maintain all critical reagents with minimal team lead intervention
- Maintain testing schedules
- Maintain a solid understanding of and proficiency with software packages used within the QC workgroup
- Assist with inspection preparation and walk-throughs
- Assist with outline of production reviews
- Write Investigations, as necessary, utilizing Method 1 and the DMAIC process
- Participate in the Select Agents program training and/or testing as needed in QC lab 9343
- Completion of documentation following cGMP guidelines
- Author/review Standard Operating Procedures/Standard Methods to meet periodic review timelines.
- Inform QC management of testing issues (i.e. no tests, unsatisfactory results)
- Ensure that testing completed is properly documented and follows written methods.
Education and Experience
BA/BS in a science or technical area or 6 years experience in science field.
- Understanding of USDA & EU guidelines. Ability to ensure compliance with changing guidelines.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Willingness to positively embrace change and flexibility in adjusting to changing priorities.
- Strong attention to detail, ability to work well independently and as part of a team, and to work effectively with people at all levels within the organization
- Ability to trouble-shoot problems and implement corrective action and Proactively seeks out opportunities for improvements and takes action
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- General knowledge of the following software programs: Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- High level of understanding of multiple technologies and/or assays within the workgroup.
Physical Position Requirements
Ability to lift approximately 20 pounds