Supported Housing Specialist
Supported Housing Specialist
This position offers a $400 hiring bonus!
Looking to do meaningful work helping others in the community as a Supported Housing Specialist?
Pathways – one of the largest national providers of accessible, outcome-based behavioral and mental health services, is in search of a compassionate, caring, growth-minded Supported Housing Specialist to join our team in Washington.
For your passion and dedication as a Supported Housing Specialist, we offer paid training, career advancement opportunities, medical/dental/vision, PTO, paid holidays, flexible part time or full time flexible schedule and much, much more (read below)! We realize that your growth is paramount to our continued reputation of quality and service excellence, so we are ready to invest in YOU from day one!
About your Role:
The Supported Housing Specialist provides services that are determined to be necessary for qualified individuals to obtain and reside in an independent community setting with the lease in their name and full rights of tenancy. The services are tailored to the end goal of maintaining personal health and welfare.
- Conducts functional needs assessments related to housing and community integration. Develops and implements a person-centered plan based on the assessment.
- Assists with budgeting, application processes, establishing credit, understanding and meeting obligations of tenancy.
- Assists in connecting with social services to help find and apply for housing necessary to support health and functional care needs.
- Participates in plan meetings and revision plan meetings as needed.
- Provides supports and interventions per the person-centered plan.
- Coordinates and links to other services, supports and providers as needed and to support the most independent living
- Entitlement services including assistance in obtaining documentation, navigating and monitoring application processes
- Provides skills coaching or financial counseling
- Provides assistance in communicating with landlord/property manager (if authorized and appropriate) regarding any needed accommodation or components of emergency procedures
- Connects individuals to training and resources to assist with being a good tenant, lease compliance, and ongoing support and activities related to household management.
- Complete required documentation, including tracking and reporting within required time frames.
- Attends training, staffing and supervision meetings as necessary.
- Maintains and ensures HIPAA, ethical standards and professional boundaries with all staff and clients
- Other duties as assigned or necessary to support the program and/or the company.
Does the Following Apply to You?
- Two years experience in the coordination of supportive housing or in the coordination of independent living services in a social services setting under qualified supervision.
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited university in human or social services or related field, preferred
- Proof of: valid Washington driver’s license and auto insurance, as well as proof of education are required
Perks for working Full time at Pathways:
- 401 K Plan, Medical, Dental, Vision plans
- Paid Vacation days that increase with tenure after the first year!
- Separate Paid Sick leave that rolls over each year
- Paid Holidays
- Opportunities for advancement in our national company! As we grow, you grow with us!
- Employee Assistance Program
- Perks @ Pathways (student loan refinancing, pet insurance, Verizon wireless discount, movie, hotel, concert and sporting event discounts)
- Wage range for this position is $18 - $21
If you're #readytoworkPathways of Washington is #readytohire!
Not the job you’re looking for?
Pathways of Washington has a variety of positions in various locations; please go to https://pathways-of-washington-llc.careerplug.com/jobs
To Learn More About Us:
Pathways of Washington @ https://www.pathwaysofwashington.com/
Pathways is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic.