About the Position
This position is responsible for carrying out office activities to provide technical assistance and program support so farmers and ranchers can understand and access FSA program benefits. Program Technicians help interpret and explain procedures and program regulations and forms to producers, and use various web-based software applications to maintain producer data and process automated forms. The selectee will work directly with farmers, ranchers and land owners in team office setting.
The position can be hired for at various pay grade levels, depending on education, experience or a combination of both. Please note the annual salary listed below is for the lowest pay grade level for which this position can be hired. Starting salary can range between $28,758 to $44,740 depending on education/experience or a combination of both. To review details regarding the grades and qualification requirements for each, visit the position posting at: https://www.usajobs.gov/job/630088300.
During the online application process, you will be asked to address the following items:
1. Describe your ability to communicate orally being sure to include specific examples.
2. Describe your ability to communicate in writing being sure to include specific examples.
3. Describe your ability to identify and resolve problems. Be sure to include specific examples explaining the situation you encountered, the action you took, and the resolution you achieved.
4. Describe your knowledge of FSA farm programs and practices including details regarding how you obtained this knowledge.
5. Describe your skill in using computers being sure to include software you are proficient with, specific tasks performed, and how or where you obtained these skills.
6. Describe your customer service skills, and provide specific examples regarding various situations where you have utilized these skills.
How to Apply
Apply via the USAJobs website online application with resume and supporting documentation (visit website for more details).
Learn more by reading the entire description on the USAJobs website: https://www.usajobs.gov/job/630088300.