Actuarial Summer Intern
Delta Dental of Iowa is seeking an Actuarial Intern to support the Pricing and Underwriting team in ongoing and special project activities. Multiple project opportunities are available and will be assigned depending on candidate background and interest. Potential projects include supporting the development of profitable pricing for dental and vision products, development of forecasting models, analysis and understanding of trends in claims and enrollment data, creating and updating pricing models to improve day to day processes, product development support, data analysis to support sales, finance, marketing and other areas and implementation of new reporting tools.
The position will expose candidates to a broad range of pricing and underwriting processes that support internal functions in the insurance environment, including practical work experience relating to the candidate’s interest and skill set. For a final project, the internship participant will create and present a presentation on the work completed over the summer or a special project of their choice to share with leadership. Potential exists for a year round internship for the right candidate.
Delta Dental of Iowa provides dental and vision insurance to more than 1.5 million Iowans. As a not-for-profit insurance company, our mission is to improve the health and smiles of the people we serve. We give back to Iowa communities by supporting and funding health and wellness initiatives that make a measurable difference in the overall health of underserved Iowans. Come see why we are passionate about "Bringing Smiles" to our customers. Our team enjoys competitive pay and benefits, an awesome "One Team" approach, and a company culture that fosters "Exceptional Quality Service" and "Leadership at All Levels." Love where you work!
- Must be able to demonstrate current 3.0 GPA or higher through transcripts.
- Participants must be registered as a student to a college or university for the 2022 fall session.
- Coursework in actuarial science, statistics, mathematics, or related field is required with passing Introductory or Actuarial Exams preferred.
- Advanced skills in Excel, proficiency with other Microsoft Office applications is required.
- Proficiency with SQL or other data tools is preferred.
- Analytical skills and strategic thinking ability.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including reports and presentations.
- Must be Jr. or Sr. undergraduate student working toward Bachelor’s degree in actuarial science, mathematics or statistics or Graduate student working toward MBA or related degree.
Delta Dental of Iowa is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons without unlawful regard of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, individuals with disabilities, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.