Our Mission: Iowa PBS educates, informs, enriches and inspires Iowans.
WHY Iowa PBS!
Iowa PBS is Iowa's statewide public broadcasting network. Approximately 100 full and part-time employees work at Iowa PBS serving our audiences with local programs, broadcast services, and education and outreach initiatives that contribute to our mission. Our organization is made strong by highly-qualified, diverse and talented staff members who are vital to Iowa PBS's future. Working at Iowa PBS will provide you the opportunity for robust career development. We consider the employees at Iowa PBS to be our most valuable resource.
Iowa PBS is seeking qualified applicants for a Production Technician - Videographer position. This position performs video and audio recording and acquisition of media utilizing professional camera, lighting, and audio recording equipment, both on-location and in studio.
• Perform on-location and in-studio video and audio recording, using appropriate lighting equipment and techniques
• Operate various camera platforms and media capture devices
• Provide general technical support for field and studio content acquisition, including operation of lighting & power systems, camera control units, intercom systems, field audio systems, and support equipment in use by Iowa PBS.
• Perform basic maintenance of cameras, media capture devices, lighting instruments, teleprompter and support equipment.
• Assist with technical aesthetic and content decisions of remote and studio production.
• Employee must have knowledge and expertise in the use of professional video camera platforms, microphones, media capture devices, and support equipment in use by Iowa PBS.
• Experience lighting both on-location, EFP-style events, as well as in studio productions.
• Requires sitting, standing, bending, reaching, climbing, lifting up to 40 pounds and the ability to work at heights.
• Works and communicates with the public, as well as internal and external clients to meet their needs in a polite, courteous and cooperative manner.
• Displays a high level of initiative, effort and commitment towards completing assignments efficiently. Responds appropriately to supervision. Displays high standards of ethical conduct.
• Knowledge of English language: grammar, spelling and punctuation. Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
Position requires frequent travel in and out of Iowa, with overnight stays. Applicant must be willing to work varied schedule, including nights and weekends. Other requirements include working on ladders and platforms up to 50 feet. Applicant must have valid driver’s license. Please provide a sample reel of work.