Photographer/ Marketing Intern
Merrill Manufacturing is North America’s leading manufacturer of parts and accessories to the water, well, and irrigation industries. We are a family-owned company known for our incredible service, quality products, and diverse selection. Our values guide everything we do. Our team at Merrill strives to do the right thing, shares our passion for the brand, has a can-do, will-do attitude, thinks of we before me, and is part of the solution.
The Photographer/Marketing intern will assist with all photography and marketing needs of Merrill Manufacturing through planning, executing, and collaborating with Merrill personnel. The Photographer/Marketing intern will be responsible for capturing, editing, and delivering photos to support Merrill’s print and digital marketing materials.
Work Responsibilities & Duties
· Work with the Merrill Manufacturing team to promote products via photography
· Capture engaging photos to support the creative process of marketing content for all Merrill Manufacturing marketing efforts
· Assist with maintaining a consistent identity of Merrill Manufacturing by following the brand guidelines while meeting Merrill Manufacturing marketing requirements
· Think creatively and develop a robust photo library for printed and digital content
· Assist with scheduling content to be publish on social media at ideal times
· Assist with managing Merrill Manufacturing’s social media content calendar
· Assist with curating social media content for events, stand-alone campaigns, and other projects
· Perform other duties as assigned by direct supervisor
Qualifications and Education Requirements
· Currently pursuing a four-year degree or higher through an accredited college/university
Preferred Skills and Expectations
- Displays excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficient in photography techniques, including lighting, audio/video editing, graphic design
- Ability to provide photography and photo editing for social media and or website
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to take an idea or topic and run with it, providing ideas and direction for the best result
- A can-do attitude and the willingness to jump in and make the project your own
- Confidently present ideas and results to a manager and receptive to questions and changes
Must have the right to legally work in the United States
Ability to manage one's own travel within Storm Lake, housing offered if needed
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, "protected statuses"). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.