Business Continuity Internship
Why choose an internship with Wellmark? We strive to offer meaningful work that assists in your professional development and provides value to the team. You will gain valuable experience within the health insurance industry and put the skills and knowledge you’ve acquired in school to practice this summer during our 2023 Summer Internship Program. You will have the opportunity to learn from subject matter experts and leaders within the industry, network with fellow internship program participants, and gain practical, hands-on work experience.
If you’re eager to learn, collaborate with others, demonstrate your potential, develop customer-focused solutions, and grow into an exciting career, we hope you’ll consider an internship with us!
What’s Business Continuity?
Business Continuity is the ongoing process of establishing enterprise-wide plans, systems and procedures that enable Wellmark to pro-actively respond to situations and events in a highly effective manner to protect employees and ensure that critical business functions continue with minimal interruption or change for our stakeholders.
What projects might I support?
Supporting Business Continuity requires the unique ability to balance system administration with the internal stakeholder service experience. Projects center around the unique requirements of the Business Continuity Program at Wellmark and engaging and supporting stakeholders throughout the process of meeting the program expectations.
Although subject to change, examples of projects are included below:
- Learn basic business continuity industry principles
- Understand how business continuity is applied at Wellmark including the use of the business continuity management system, Fusion Framework
- Create stakeholder tutorials and documentation for business continuity processes and the Fusion Framework
- Plan for, participate in, and document Business Impact Analysis meetings and planning activities with business area stakeholders
- Support enterprise exercises through participating in exercise events and documenting outcomes
- Assist with stakeholder support and communication, i.e., troubleshooting, scheduling, etc.
- Collaborate on projects and activities with the Wellmark Disaster Recovery Team
Ready to bring your strengths to Wellmark? Here’s what’s next! Review the qualifications below. If the position is a match with your passion and interests, submit your application today!
This internship will start in May of 2023 from our headquarters in Des Moines, with flexibility for hybrid work.
- Current junior or senior pursing a bachelor’s degree in, Management Information Systems, Emergency Management, Crisis Management, Business Management, or related field
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to take initiative, prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong time management, organization, problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable interacting with all levels of the organization
- Previous internship experience in a corporate office setting
- Knowledge of Project Management Principles
- Experience with system administration