Destination Experience Specialist
JOB DESCRIPTION: Destination Experience Coordinator
STATUS: Full-time, exempt. Benefits offered; 401(k), 401(k) matching, Dental/Health/Vision insurance, PTO.
SUMMARY: The Destination Experience Coordinator performs work in planning and coordinating events for the Sioux City Regional Convention & Visitors Bureau (d.b.a. Explore Sioux City). This position will serve as the project manager to provide support functions and services required for events, groups, and individual visitors. This position will create content for and manage Explore Sioux City’s social media platforms.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Manages and participates in all event planning and services required by event and meeting planners.
· Works directly with event and meeting planners through all stages to plan and execute events or meetings, including facility and event logistics, transportation, special events/tours, etc.
· Schedules, plans, and executes site visit tours.
· Provides service for events and ensures event success.
· Provides exemplary customer service assistance internally and externally.
· Develop and maintain strong relationships and communications with community stakeholders.
· Manage visitor service inquiries and requests.
· Assist with creating content on social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram and TikTok.
· Create engaging and visually appealing content for social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram and TikTok.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
· Must have a passion for the Sioux City Region.
· Excellent communication and organizational skills.
· Highly detail oriented with superior organizational skills.
· Ability to manage multiple projects and objectives simultaneously and work under deadlines.
· Familiarity with different social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram and TikTok.
· Experience creating content for social media channels.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to establish and develop relationships.
· Must be able to relate favorably to a fast-paced and changing work environment.
· Ability to work a flexible schedule as needed.
· Ability to make decisions independently with good judgment.
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
· Bachelor’s degree in communications, interactive media, public relations, business, hospitality, marketing or similar OR 2-5 years’ experience relative to the position which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential functions of the position. Education and experience may be evaluated to meet minimum requirements.
· Experience with event planning is required.
· Experience with creating content for social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram and TikTok.
· Knowledge of hospitality, leisure travel, sports and other related tourism industries preferred.
· Must be free to travel to carry out the organization's goals to include nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
· Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and proof of automobile insurance.
WORK AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
· Work environment: normally a typical office environment with people, with minimal exposure to excessive noise or adverse environmental issues, with occasional outdoor exposure to heat, cold and environmental elements.
· Physical demands: manipulate, handle, feel, and control items or equipment. Able to read, write, and interpret written documents. Occasionally lift up to 25 lbs. and transport equipment and materials for use in work tasks.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required. This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and the employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and the job requirements change.
All application documents should be submitted via email to email@example.com and include:
· Cover letter with salary requirements
· Three professional references including names and contact information
First consideration should be directed to Executive Director, Kristi Franz, firstname.lastname@example.org.