Austin Public Library
Austin, Texas 78701
$24.42 - $28.65 per hour
Job Close: 04/21/2023
Application link: https://www.austincityjobs.org/postings/107239
This position will serve as a program coordinator for Austin Public Library’s newly created Innovation Lab and Lounge. This space will be a digital makerspace for the public using video, music, podcasting, and other mediums.
- Graduation with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in a field related to the job, plus three (3) years of experience in a field related to the job.
- Experience may substitute for education up to a maximum of four (4) years.
- Experience in customer service in a shared learning environment
- Experience in planning, developing, and implementing programs
- Experience in STEAM-based programming
- Experience in AR and VR
- Knowledge of new and innovative technologies and digital makerspaces
Duties, Functions, and Responsibilities:
Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
1. Develop and implement a variety of programs, projects and activities.
2. Coordinate with existing organizations to address community economic or social service needs.
3. Conduct needs assessments and meets with community residents, leaders and community groups to identify needs and available resources.
4. Collaborate with other organizations to plan and develop programs and activities or improve coordination of existing services.
5. Research funding sources, develop short and long-range plans, and compile informational reports.
6. Serve as City representative before community groups, businesses and/or the media.
7. Recruit, train, and supervise volunteers.
8. Assists in the development and monitoring of project and/or program budgets.
9. Assists in the development of short/long-range plans.
10. Assists in the development and implementation of operating policies and Procedures.
11. Ensures compliance with city and other regulatory agency requirements and policies.
Responsibilities- Supervision and/or Leadership Exercised: May provide leadership, work assignments, evaluation, training, and guidance to others.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Knowledge of applicable processes, techniques, and methods.
- Knowledge of city practice, policy, and procedures.
- Skill in handling conflict and uncertain situations.
- Skill in handling multiple tasks and prioritizing.
- Skill in using computers and related software applications.
- Skill in data analysis and problem-solving.
- Skill in conducting presentations on behalf of a public entity.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective communication and working relationships with city employees and the public.
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions and changes in priorities.
- Ability to train others.