Retail Business Operations Intern
The Green Bay Packers are a professional football team, founded in 1919. They represent the only publicly-owned franchise in the National Football League, with over 537,000 current stockholders. The Packers are currently governed by a seven-member Executive Committee, elected from a Board of Directors. The Packers have won 13 league championships and have an exceptionally loyal fan base.
The Packers front office is guided by their Mission, Vision and Values. Embracing the culture and ideals that are inherent to the Packers organization as reflected by the ownership – the people and community of Green Bay, will be essential to success.
This role supports Packers Pro Shop retail business and administrative operations and special projects pertaining to the department. The Retail Business Operations Internship is a full-time, paid, 1-year commitment, entailing 40 hours during the standard work week (Monday-Friday). This position requires flexibility to hours as nights/weekends and holidays may be required as needed.
- Assist with planning and coordination of special programing, influencer campaigns, and various retail projects.
- Manage sales recaps for product launches and targeted product categories.
- Organize procurement of point of sale via scheduling meetings, recaps, and aiding management of timelines.
- Gather information to create retail business presentations.
- Assist with marketing ideation for new promotions, product collaborations/collections, etc.
- Manage royalty reports and finalizing monthly invoice payments to the NFL.
- Organize and track all specialty licensing agreements and NDA’s.
- Research potential new clients for wholesale business.
- Oversee fulfillment and brand presentations of vendor co-op program.
- Utilize and compare league driven sales reporting to Packers Pro Shop sales.
- Coordinate MAP pricing and regulations with retail buying team.
- Work collaboratively with multiple departments within the organization and retail department.
- Support retail department with general administration and other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work flexible schedule including weekends, game days and special events.
- Current student or recent graduate majoring in business, fashion merchandising, marketing, or other relevant field preferred.
- Experience with other retail business, sports franchise, or sports organization helpful, but not required.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, including ability to work within high profile organization.
- Strong problem solving, analytical, and project management skills with attention to detail.
- Able to multi-task and manage workload effectively.
- Must be an independent self-starter with a sense of urgency, proven results orientation, initiative, and an affinity for producing high-quality work in a manner which exceeds expectations.
- Able to work collaboratively with peers and able to identify and navigate workflow issues.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills including knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Ability to reach, stoop, and lift on a frequent basis.
- Lifting 20 lbs. frequently and up to 50 lbs. on occasion.
- Ability to walk, stand, and sit for extended periods of time.
- Operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment.
SUPERVISES: This position has no supervisory responsibilities
SUPERVISED BY: Director of Retail Operations
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This job description has been approved by management. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing, and duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
All resumes submitted will be reviewed and selected qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.