WHO WE ARE
Headquartered in the historic Chicago Board of Trade, PEAK6 Capital Management is a proprietary options trading firm that has been defining the industry for more than 25 years. While many firms have come and gone, PEAK6 Capital Management has consistently delivered liquidity to the options market. We thrive due to our firm’s special blend of financial acumen, ability to manage risk, and cutting-edge technology.
PEAK6 Capital Management was brought to life through insatiable curiosity, entrepreneurial spirit, and the desire to win. We offer incredible opportunities for smart, passionate team players to solve complex problems and take calculated risks. We were among the first firms to develop sophisticated proprietary technology in our trading business. Today, we continue to leverage our technical ingenuity and operational excellence across several investment areas, spanning early-to-mid stage growth capital, operational control, trading, and eSports. Throughout the years, we've built and operated several financial technology firms and we continue to evolve.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
No experience or previous knowledge of financial markets? No problem. We will teach you everything you need to know during our comprehensive training program. Our training program consists of 4 phases: basic training, basic trading, long-term rotations, and managing individual portfolios. Throughout each of these phases, we layer on multiple opportunities for you to take the lead on projects with your own unique ownership and responsibility. We believe in holistic training, and include a serious focus on personal development to supplement our core options training. Trading Associates are encouraged to explore their own interests in both automated and discretionary trading, allowing them to take ownership over their career path.
- Pass the Series 57 licensing exam within two months of your hire date and immediately start trading with firm capital
- Learn market mechanics and option theory through classroom sessions and group discussions
- Trade in a group environment, practicing both the art and science of trading
- Master the use of all of PEAK6’s proprietary tools and technology
- Communicate, learn from, and articulate your ideas and strategies to senior trading partners
- Develop new, cutting-edge tools in collaboration with trading teams
- Manage a portfolio and its risks
- Test and analyze your own trading strategies in the market
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree graduating between December 2023 and June 2024
- Availability for a September 2024 start date
- Ability to relocate to Chicago
- Excellent quantitative and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work effectively in teams
- Alignment with our core values: collaboration, grit, ownership, and adaptability
- Passionate and curious about financial markets
We offer a robust package of employee perks and benefits, including healthcare benefits (medical, dental and vision, EAP), competitive PTO, 401k match, parental leave, and HSA contribution match. We also provide our employees with a paid subscription to the Calm app and offer generous external learning and tuition reimbursement benefits. At PEAK6 Capital Management, we offer a hybrid work schedule for most roles that allows employees to have the flexibility of working from a home office and one of our PEAK6 offices.
PEAK6 is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, natural or protective hairstyle, genetics, disability, age, or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law.
The base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and office location. This position also may be eligible for a discretionary annual bonus in addition to a range of health & wellness benefits.