Strategic Projects Summer Internship
Cambridge has recruited talented interns from across the country to join us during the summer for a 10-12 week internship. Each year, over 35 interns join us for a paid summer internship experience at our home offices in Fairfield, Iowa and Phoenix, Arizona. The Next Step internship program gives students practical insight into the financial services industry and allows students to gain practical knowledge in their field. Students are partnered with a professional mentor, supervisor, and executive leader to gain networking opportunities and learn from industry professionals. At the conclusion of the internship, each intern will have the opportunity to present on their experience and a specific project of their choice.
The Strategic Projects team serves as the marketing arm of our Business Development team. They are responsible for creating and implementing strategic marketing efforts to attract financial professionals to join Cambridge. This internship provides experience in creating marketing materials, event promotion, and exposure to various advertising and marketing career paths.
We have one Strategic Projects Internship available in either the Fairfield, IA or Phoenix, AZ offices.
As the Strategic Projects Intern, you will:
- Have the ability to drive marketing strategy and connect financial professionals to Cambridge
- Have access to different elements of the marketing field, as well as advertising and promotional projects with sizable corporate budgets
- Work on the Business Development team’s recruiting campaign and projects for the annual national conference
- Draft and implement a variety of projects that fall within the Business Development Marketing and Communications Calendar in an effort to raise Cambridge’s brand awareness and increase leads in all recruiting regions nationwide
- Collaborate with Strategic Projects and Marketing and Communication teams to write and facilitate projects
- Work closely with the Event Planning Team to create a strategy for live and virtual events intended to promote interest in Cambridge or a Cambridge offering
- Create and implement the marketing and communication plan
Education & Experience
Students studying communications, digital/media communications, journalism, mass communications, event planning, marketing, or marketing management will likely be the most successful in this role.
$16-20 per hour. This range is a good faith estimate of the compensation to be offered for this position based on the ideal candidate’s qualifications, the Company’s operational needs, and other considerations permitted by law. The actual pay offered to a specific candidate may vary above or below the stated range.
- Paid time off: Interns receive 16 hours of paid time off to use throughout the summer
- Volunteer time: Interns receive eight hours of paid time off to volunteer throughout the summer
- Holiday pay: Memorial Day and Independence Day
- Educational courses: Interns participate in educational training hosted by our Associate Training and Development team. Courses consist of career workshops, problem solving, professional development and financial services industry basics.
- Networking events: Interns have the opportunity to network with our company executives during the Welcome and End of Summer Banquets. Interns will participate in leadership panels to hear from company leaders, ask questions and gain valuable insight as well as have the chance to job shadow in other teams at Cambridge. Following the summer internship, interns have access to the Next Step Intern Alumni LinkedIn group to stay in touch with Cambridge and other past interns.
- Opportunity to discuss continued employment with Cambridge on a part-time or full-time basis following the internship.