Emerging Leader Development Program (ELDP) – AZ 2023
Take a stand for investors
Vanguard’s Emerging Leader Development Program is an immersive, hands-on experience where you’ll embark on your path to leadership at one of the world’s leading investment firms. This is a unique opportunity to become the leader you were meant to be, working on key assignments that have an impact on the financial success of our clients. Discover an exciting career as you advance our mission and make contributions that impact our twenty million investors, worldwide!
In this program you will:
- Experience a holistic view of the business through four six-month rotations across the Vanguard enterprise
- Develop essential leadership skills as you work alongside extraordinary guides in a range of subject areas and receive thorough coaching and mentorship from senior management
- Engage in complex projects that will be presented to key leadership and influence the financial futures of our investors
- Cultivate new relationships in a fast-growing network of like-minded professionals working to do what’s right for the client
- Gain confidence in navigating the ambiguities of the industry as you identify problems, recommend solutions, and improve how the business functions
Excel into a career that counts:
Do you have a passion to lead and positively influence others? The Emerging Leader Development Program is an opportunity to step into your full potential as a confident, capable, and engaging leader under the guidance of top industry leadership. The rotational nature of this program provides accelerated learning with exposure to tools, strategies, and connections that empower participants to thrive. Our goal is to promote that growth and prepare participants to utilize those tools and strategies learned within the enterprise to become the next group of successful Vanguard leaders.
What it takes
- An undergraduate degree. All majors are considered
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- This job requires you to obtain the SIE, the Series 7 and 63 regulatory license and/or registration (e.g., FINRA, state, SFC). These will be determined by Compliance based on role specific requirements and responsibilities
- Strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong professional demeanor to effectively interact with internal crew, prospects, shareholders, and management
- Exceptional organizational agility and attention to detail
- Initiative and passion to work independently
- Ability to effectively lead multiple tasks and/or projects concurrently
- Flexibility, strong decision-making skills, and effective time management skills
- Proven ability to work with attention to detail under tight time constraints
- Familiarity with MS Office
- Vanguard is not offering sponsorship for this role
- Please note that the start date for this full-time program will be in Summer 2024
- Employment is contingent on a successful drug-screening result and a background check
- Ability to travel
- If you are offered and accept this position, and you do not have the necessary FINRA licenses for the role, then you must obtain the required licenses within the specified period of time. Additionally, if you are not currently registered with FINRA in any capacity, prior to moving into this licensed role, you will be asked to provide authorization for Vanguard to conduct a full background check, including criminal, employment/education history, credit, and public records search in accordance with FINRA regulations.
Our Total Rewards package reflects our mission and values, providing care, security, and fulfillment for you and your family – today and long-term. We support the key areas of your life with best-in-class benefits for your financial, physical, and personal wellness:
- Pay for performance, including annual performance bonuses, merit increases, and an annual Partnership bonus.
- Industry-leading retirement savings plans:
- 401(k) contribution 55% above the national average.
- Quarterly 401(k) contribution of 10% of your eligible pay.
- At least 18 paid days off, plus 9 federal holidays.
- 77% of your medical costs are covered, compared to 68% by other financial services companies.
- Unparalleled Health Savings Account (HSA) seed and match – 5x the amount as other contributing employers.
- A $1500 FlexFund annual stipend for personally meaningful conveniences – 3x the average amount offered by other employers.
- Top-tier programs for your emotional and mental health:
- Access to 2x more coaching and therapy sessions compared to other employers.
- A caregiving concierge program, something only one in five employers offer.
We are Vanguard. Together, we’re changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn’t just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose – and that’s how we’ve become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let’s make it count.
Vanguard’s continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: “Do the right thing.”
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard’s core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
How We Work
Vanguard has implemented a hybrid working model for the majority of our crew members, designed to capture the benefits of enhanced flexibility while enabling in-person learning, collaboration, and connection. We believe our mission-driven and highly collaborative culture is a critical enabler to support long-term client outcomes and enrich the employee experience.